What's for Dinner #69 - The "It's Gotta Be May" Edition - May 2021

We hosted an impromptu outdoor BBQ dinner on Sunday with friends. It was really nice to host and everyone cleaned their plates. We are moving and I’m feeling a little nostalgic about the fun we have had at this house. I loosely followed a Indian spiced marinade for chicken thighs with lots of curry powder, coriander, garlic, curry leaves, yogurt and salt. I made a yogurt, cilantro, cucumber sauce to go with that. Sides of a red lentil salad with various veggies, a cucumber salad and a few grilled eggplants I had. Wine to drink!

17 Likes

Closer to a Nicholas Creamery I hope!

1 Like

Probably a little! I’m certainly getting a chest freezer in the new house!

4 Likes

I like how you think! We need to meet up at one of them again. @CurlzNJ, The Sprout and I met a couple of times over the winter but it’s not nearly as much fun as when its warm. Hopefully that will be soon!

Gin and White Rock Premium Indigenous Persons* Tonic

2 Likes

Yesterday was my husband’s birthday. We weren’t able to have a properly celebratory dinner, given kiddos’ baseball game and dance class. Dinner was ricotta gnocchi pulled from the freezer with some bolognese, but was followed by a show stopping dark chocolate mousse cake. My husband isn’t one to get excited about particular foods (!!!) but he does love chocolate desserts and mousse cake, in particular.

This was a total home run – moist cake with the perfect crumb, and not too cloyingly sweet. the mousse also was light and rich at the same time. The ganache on top was a bit much for me and one kid. file this one away as a keeper.

19 Likes

Not if it’s from India.

4 Likes

Will you adopt me? PLEASE???

4 Likes

You won’t be surprised at how quickly you can fill that freezer. LOL

4 Likes

ay que rico!

1 Like

You have to wait in line. I’m waiting for @shrinkrap to adopt me. One at a time please. grin

2 Likes

I’ll go third in line and request the ruby slippers to dine in, and camp with, Christina.

6 Likes

Oh Jeepers. I’m going to need to build a spreadsheet to keep track.

5 Likes

You seem like a spreadsheet sort of guy.

4 Likes

16 Likes

Ceviche. With raw, non-sushi grade tuna :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Sous vide then pan seared in ghee halibut, with the last of the peas, for real this time

3/4 inch filets, 135 f for 45 minutes. Husband says perfect. I’d go lower, or raw, if it was for me.

14 Likes

You might have to oust my adult children, but extra stipend credit for bringing @LindaWhit

5 Likes

Rice, tonkatsu, pickles, Japanese curry from box with carrots, daikon, and mushrooms.

16 Likes

Going to Perth Amboy, NJ (our nearby Spanish stronghold) was not possible today, but we did the next best thing: grabbed a rotisserie chicken and made our own tostones and arroz con gandules. Very easy and satisfying.

15 Likes