What's for Dinner #69 - The "It's Gotta Be May" Edition - May 2021

Wow. Absolutely amazingly extraordinarily stunning dishes … and beautiful landscaping too …

Happy belated birthday wishes …

1 Like

TRAINED DOWN TO THE MADRID CAPITAL TODAY ON THE HIGH SPEED ! DENIAMADRIDARCHITECTUREHOTEL82586267_10157793472419793_824225226492477440_n|700x453

10 Likes

Happy birthday to you! A lovely meal spent with friends is such a wonderful celebration.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and happy birthday to your son @ChristinaM. This was my foodie friend.
My actual birthday is Monday the 24th but I am celebrating it over the weekend.

4 Likes

My husband recently decided to go off coffee and after I prepared him a milky mug of PG Tips, he was a convert. Unfortunately now, my 80-bag box doesn’t last us very long.

1 Like

Continuing my birthday weekend, we enjoyed another sensational dinner at James on Main in Hackettstown, NJ. We enjoyed huge wood fired head on prawns, a Fred Flintstone sized short rib, crispy roasted pork belly, crispy duck leg confit and house sausage, tempura battered black bass, beet salad, a side order of crispy hand cut fries, and an excellent amuse bouche of spring pea vichyssoise with pea tendrils, and pickled pink strawberries. It all went great with an excellent cabernet.

12 Likes

Outstanding.

1 Like

Made an Asian peanut “sauce” for some fresh egg noodles we had leftover, and prepped a bunch of veggies - stir-fried, raw, and pickled - sauteed a little marinated pork shoulder, and served all of it over the noodz. “Sauce” never got loose enough so i used some of the noodle water, which made it creamier than i wanted. Still tasty, and I used up a lot of TPST of veg that was in our fridge.

asian noodles, veg, pork

12 Likes

Sunday dinner. Blsl chicken thighs, Peruvian style with aji verde. A wedge of tortilla español from the freezer with aioli and garlic chives. Lots of green things salad, manchego cheese with sherry vinegar and oo dressing. Shariz made an encore appearance.

11 Likes

I have not tasted this dish yet . Looking forward to it . Cheers .

15 Likes

Yes . I did taste it . Subtle flavors .Best one yet . Chicken with the rice and artichokes .

7 Likes

For a late dinner, some pernil style pork shoulder, with arroz con gandules. I couldn’t find skin on pork shoulder at a small enough size so I used skinless and topped it with some pork skin I had in the freezer.

13 Likes

Wishing you a sensational new year, P. Thanks for bringing us along on this one, We ate well!

3 Likes

Thank you very much @pilgrim!

1 Like

What a great celebration. Happy birthday!

2 Likes

Thank you @heidicooksandbakes!

1 Like

Wow.

Definitely amazingly extraordinary … and that “LANGOSTINOS” (PRAWNS) and those French Fries skin - on are to die and go to heaven for !!!

And looks like a wonderful wine selection …

2 Likes

freixadessert127202215_206912067662284_3718362840011839401_n

10 Likes

Last night we made skirt steak fajitas grilled over the campfire, with zucchini and spinach salad - neither of which I had room for after a big lunch. Birthday cupcakes after (sorry for the scribble but I like to protect the kiddo’s privacy online til he’s old enough to decide).

21 Likes

WOW, you’re not kidding some incredible wines! Happy birthday!

2 Likes