What's for Dinner #68 - the Spring has Sprung Edition - April 2021

I had no idea it’s cottage pie, not shepherd’s pie if it doesn’t have lamb. I’ve been labeling mine (ground chicken or beef) wrong all these years, lol. Whatever it’s called, yours looks delicious!

1 Like

Great job. They look really good! What’s your process?

1 Like

I never get tired of seeing it.

1 Like

Nice! What kind of crab is that? Looks like Dungeness.

1 Like

Thank you very much.
Have a lovely weekend.

1 Like

Must know more about this. :yum:

How about canning? https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_04/peppers.html

Stepping back into the food and libation fray before your gut firmly tells you it’s OK to do so often results in those relapses. BTDT a few times - until I finally stuck with the BRAT “diet” until I felt really normal. Plain poached chicken and plain rice were my staples for awhile. Glad you’re now “normal” as well!

5 Likes

I. WANT. IT. ALL! OMG, those meals, @TheCookie! The ribeye, those POTATOES, and dayam, that meatloaf! Everything looks great!

2 Likes

Everything is mouth-wateringly beautiful. And I remember Harry’s berries from my LA days. The most delicious and $$$ berries at the farmers market.

2 Likes

Thanks! Maybe I will try that… I used some that I pickled last season.

Oh yes! I’ve eaten enough peanut butter, toast, bananas, and rice enough for a lifetime these last two weeks!

5 Likes

Friday evening.

9 Likes

@shrinkrap

Someone asked about the type of crabs that these are. I believe it was Shrink Rap.

These are from the family of Cancridae - Cancer Pagurus and called Buey de Mar, and are found in south of Ireland in the Atlantic.

Buey signifies: meat of grown beef cattle ! They have large claws and the crab meat inside the claws is exceptional.

Common crab in the Basque Country and Ireland, so I do not know the Dungese breed.

3 Likes

Thank you, I have had an undying love of dumplings for as long as I have been able to form words.

2 Likes

I always want to eat pasta, and your posts always always make me want to eat pasta. Beautiful photos and meals, great to see such love and care put into food.

2 Likes

We are big pasta fans. I am from Barcelona & my husband is an Italian photographer, so it is very common for us. In Barcelona we have alot of fideuà (pasta noodles) dishes too and pizzas called Cocas.

Thank you for the compliment.

Have a nice weekend.

3 Likes

Thanks @LindaWhit! :blush:

My usual on a Friday night…sirloin tips, taters, and green veg.

The taters were leftover, buttery mashed from last weekend, and the veg was Brussels sprouts charred in the convection oven with seasoning of olive oil, garlic, dried parsley and dried orange peel.

And wine. Happy Friday!

17 Likes

Done! Brick piri piri chicken a la Milk Street ( of all the recipes I looked up, it was the only one with sugar in the marinade).

15 Likes