What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

Lunch Wednesday. Gnocci (wheat ) …

16 Likes

Made a roasted chicken with vegetables

17 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

We made porcini and morel mushroom risotto (doctored packaged…too salty) and sauteed chicken tenders, haricots with orange vinegar and roasted garlic olive oil.

DH plated - one tender went back.

16 Likes

I enjoyed very spicy shrimp, chicken, and Andouille sausage jambalaya ordered from my chef friend.

13 Likes

Potato and leek soup with buttered toast.

12 Likes

Dinner tonight: lasagne from the freezer with homemade pasta and garden tomatoes, salad. Tasty!

13 Likes

Garden tomatoes, what? Do you have a greenhouse?

1 Like

Pad see ew. It’s been a joy during COVID to experiment my way through some dishes that we had previously only ordered. I still can’t make them as good as Thai takeout, but it isn’t a bad substitute!

20 Likes

I need to catch up on what you all have been up to!
@Sasha I LOVE pad see ew!

I’ve been up to spaghetti squash pad thai.

Sort of using this recipe.

9 Likes

Oooooo! May I ask where your going? No! Don’t tell me! I will create my own adventure . :blush:

Oh no! Glad I didn’t read this until it was too, late to worry.

3 Likes

Poor thing!

2 Likes

Hadn’t thought much about dinner aside from defrosting and brining shrimp.

Preoccupied with the birthday cake I was supposed to be making for tomorrow.

Kids had mac and cheese and Brussels sprouts.

I decided to skew Spanish because it was the fastest option.

Baby spinach sautéed with lots of garlic and olive oil.

Chorizo, more garlic, and shrimp fried in the chorizo fat.

A bit of charred (homemade) bread to go with all of it.

Fit the bill.

I’m still fretting over the cake, though. Will finish up tomorrow.

15 Likes

chartPASTATYPES17498883_1925590951007074_5057948413521661466_n

9 Likes

Tortelli for lunch Thursday. (lunch out) …

10 Likes

I totally agree. Between not going out and not working anymore (I left my job at the end of 2019 pre-Covid. I planned on starting something new but haven’t been able as of yet) I’ve had lots of time to cook all kinds I things I never would have tried before. Your food always looks lovely.

4 Likes

I saw, and had to smile when Christina reminded you that yes, you’d been down that rabbit hole before with the cabbage pad thai.

One of these days, I will be that glorious and disciplined. But right now, with 2 growing teen boys neither of whom are large at all (the little one is downright scrawny), they need their carbs and calories. Although I don’t. But they taste so good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Finally found a source for fresh abalone, albeit not the giant ones I grew up on. But needs must, so; small, farmed, shelled, whole = needed extensive tenderizing with a scallopini mallot; dipped in egg and saltine crumbs; sauted in butter, served with lemon. Butter/veal stock braised zucchini.
You can’t go home again, but these were quite acceptable.

14 Likes

I do like rabbit holes! And I liked the cabbage pad thai, and the spaghetti squash pad thai as well!