What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

I just finished catching up on this thread - as always, beautiful, inspiring, and appetite inducing meals!

I spent last week not eating/trying to eat, and forcing myself to eat (pretty) bad hospital food. Not in for anything Covid related, it was just sepsis. I wish I was kidding about the last part! :scream_cat:

In any case, I’m home now, happy to be here and eating some wonderfully tasty food. On the mend and recovering well.

I might create a separate thread about HOSPITAL food.

11 Likes

Oh my @Lambchop. What a relief to know you are home from your hospital stay. Hope that you’re recovering nicely and that your family is pampering you with whatever food and drink appeals to you best.

1 Like

They are! Made them with Maseca masa harina.

1 Like

Had to use up some uni, so made a soft scramble on mini nan bread (store bought) topped with uni. Also used up some old salad greens with a too ripe pear that was turning yellow. Eat what I can before garbage night. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Dinner for the past 2 nights. Really good - small filet roast, wedge salad, baked potato, and asparagus. Enough filet left over for 1/2 generous sandwich each on Monday, French Dip style. Last night, lemon scallops, broccoli with cheese sauce.
H is taking care of me very well, and the food is tasting excellent!! So grateful for everything.

18 Likes

Thank you @tomatotomato! Very happy to be home, and making a full recovery. It was kind of strange being hospitalized during Covid…the last time I was in hospital was 30 years ago, so much has changed, in other ways too. Unfortunately the food seems to be the same though, but maybe just a bit better…

5 Likes

I ordered and enjoyed lamb vindaloo with basmati rice and potato pea curry from my Chef friend.

15 Likes

Freezer diving. Defunct Italian deli Lucca’s white cheese sauce, which I doctored up with minced garlic, ground pepper, and nutmeg. Simmered, then added crispy pancetta. Served over mushroom raviolis from another Italian deli i found after Lucca’s closed. Salad with a Meyer lemon oil vinaigrette.

16 Likes

@Lambchop wish you good recovery - sorry you had to go through that in the middle of the rest of this disaster!

1 Like

ohhh uni scramble!! drooling here…

1 Like

Yum! Potatoes in vindaloo (or anything) are my favorite - glad there are some potatoes on the plate!

1 Like

Happy you’re home, and hoping you’re completely over the sepsis! That’s scary stuff. enjoy your food and your family…

1 Like

I’m glad to hear you are on the mend.

1 Like

VERY glad to hear you’re doing better, @Lambchop!

1 Like

I’ve cooked everything souse vide . Except for the wine. Chicken , beets , asparagus , and whipped potatoes. Cheers .

I’m still driving everywhere in this what feels like a new car .

13 Likes

Chinese tonight.

I was so hungry after a zoom call that I forgot to take a pic.

• Broccoli with garlic sauce
  • Snap peas with sesame seeds and oil
  • Skirt steak (cooked sous vide, leftover and frozen from V-day) with ginger, onion, and scallions
  • Crab claws in butter garlic sauce (an Indian Chinese favorite)
  • Soy butter mushrooms
11 Likes

You had me at whipped potatoes…

1 Like

Pepperoni pizza

15 Likes

Heading to Bermuda tomorrow. Looking forward to New Zealand surplus lamb and Vindaloo is a good possibility for Saturday night dinner. The more I think about it the more likely it becomes. I’ll have to start looking at recipes. A little Caribbean dash with Basmati rice and pigeon peas.

5 Likes

Thanks all for your kind thoughts and good wishes. Glad to be back
On WFD, sharing our virtual dinners!

Dinner last night, ground turkey burrito with black beans and peppers, little cheese, whole grain tortilla. Hit the spot.

13 Likes