What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

I actually adore cabbage. Probably not more than noodles though. Spaghetti squash I’m entirely ambivalent about.

1 Like

I understand your puzzlement @Sasha…we made the lasagne(s) back in the late fall while we still had fresh tomatoes, and froze them. I wish we had a greenhouse!

1 Like

No bucatini pictured in your post @Barca - does it go by another name too, I wonder?

1 Like

Aww thanks @shrinkrap! It is great being out of the woods and back to home. The food is good too. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m the same!

1 Like

A Pizza Event …

10 Likes

Makes me crave pizza!

1 Like

So far, Maine, RI, Vermont, MA and now Woodstock/Catskills NY area. Back Monday.

4 Likes

I will ask my Dear. He would know.

@Lambchop

BUCO = HOLE IN ENGLISH

1. BUCATINI: Durum wheat pasta from LAZIO, is a thick spaghetti type ribbon pasta with 2 holes at each end of the pasta ribbons.

2. PERCIATELLI = is a little thicker but it is from NAPOLI.

Both of these thick spaghetti pastas have 1 HOLE AT EACH END OF THE SPAGHETTI RIBBON.

Hope this has assisted you.

1 Like

Thanks! I only noticed the omission due to the recent bucatini thread @Barca.

1 Like

It is usually used for the Cacio e Pepe Traditional dish …

1 Like

I added this on one post in the Bucatini Post.

I also added a sentence or two about brands.

Off, as it is late here 23.00. And we both get up at 6am … Have a nice afternoon / evening.

2 Likes

One of each, please.

1 Like

Spring fever

Followed by March Madness: frites (mayo) and prawns (cocktail sauce or lemon)

21 Likes

Your photos are guilty of being staggeringly beautiful @pilgrim, each in their own way. The fried shrimp are killing me…

1 Like

Thanks. They and their cohorts will probably kill me!

Never!! I’m sure you’re extending your life @pilgrim

1 Like

I went into the office today to pack my desk/area as we’re remodeling in anticipation of going back to the office late summer. That was the first time in just 5 days short of a year since I’d been there. Weird to be downtown! I’m sore and tired, and thankful the BF cooked. A gigantor rib eye that we split (a tad overcooked but still delish and didn’t stop us from devouring the whole thing), potatoes tossed in olive oil, scallions, and kalamata olives, green salad with blue cheese dressing, and sauteed carrots and zucchini that had to be eaten. Sofa King good!

20 Likes

That steak looks so good!

2 Likes