What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

i want to marry that steak.

1 Like

Oof! I want to fall into that lasagna (and eat my way out, obvi)

3 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Il Nido in Marlboro, NJ. Below is a link to the details and pictures for those that are interested.

4 Likes

One of those nights I just wanted finger food. My version. Tiny bean and cheese burritos. Souse vide , rib eye and asparagus. No utensils needed. Cheers .20210307_205745

13 Likes

Grilled cheese

16 Likes

Wow. Crab encrusted Cod sounds and looks amazing.
The Strip Steak is extraordinary too and blue rare which is how I prefer.

Have a lovely day ahead.

1 Like

Market Today …

13 Likes

Wow, are those small zucchini (courgettes) with the blossoms still attached?

What a happy sight. Looks like spring is making progress where you are.

1 Like

We had more keeping us busy than I thought on Sunday yet I still wanted a dinner that was not leftovers. Store-bought cheese ravioli, fresh spinach (Farmer Dave’s CSA), and shiitake mushrooms did the trick.

I concocted a light creamy sauce with a couple dabs of mascarpone, truffle butter, and a bit of the pasta cooking water.

Easy, and worthy of a Sunday dinner.

17 Likes

Oooh! You’ve been getting their winter CSA? And your meal looks heavenly!

1 Like

Farmer Dave’s “Spring” CSA just started. Eventually I’ll get around to posting about that. Until then, here is a peek at last week’s bounty. Greenhouse spinach, baby greens, and lots of storage veg (interestingly to me, the parsnips are sweetly fragrant).

16 Likes

I’d be good with this box! It’s when the kale started coming in that I and the two others I shared with at work were in major kale-overload. I froze a LOT of mine and only used it in kale-bean-sausage soup.

4 Likes

The flora on the zucchine ( courgettes) is praised around these parts !

Yes, we are coming into the green season here.

The chefs scoop these up !

4 Likes

Radicchio … A beautiful salad and sautéed Courgette in Extra virgin olive oil from Tarragona.
Simple and healthy …

12 Likes

I love Fresh Ravioli and Fresh Tortellini and Fresh Agnoletti. These look scrumptuous !!

2 Likes

I made baked ziti-style ww macaroni with homemade marinara, roasted eggplant and mushrooms, orange bell pepper, and spinach-Parm ricotta mixture. Topped with mozz. Under 400 cal/serving. Arugula and spinach salad with strawberries and balsamic vinaigrette.

20 Likes

A big bowl of Chicken Corn Chowder with Roasted Red Peppers, La Brea French dinner rolls to go with. Perfect for a cold, rainy, hail, thunder, lightening, blustery day. Thank you @LindaWhit
There was a Boulevardier consumed during prep. celebrating my second covid-19 vaccine jab today.
IMG_2815

17 Likes

My salsa puerco from the freezer, BF made Rancho Gordo ayocote morado beans and mexi-rice, and a cheater version of chile relleno - he roasted the pepper, stuffed it with jack, and then fried it. little avo/tomato salad on the side. All tasty stuff.

14 Likes

Indian tonight, using up a bunch of leftovers, and some fresh food to supplement. (Too much as usual - I’ll be freezing the vegetarian stuff again.)

Made today - cauliflower in a tomato-onion-cilantro gravy (some just roasted for the little guy), plain dal for kids, spinach, and a last-minute addition of paneer matar. (Now you wonder - is that not an entire fresh meal? Yes, yes it was.)

Leftovers - lamb with spinach, kali dal, beets.

13 Likes

Poblano and mushroom quesadillas on corn tortillas, with guac, crema, and pinto beans.

17 Likes