What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

CLAMS & SEABASS (CHIRLAS CON LUBINA) … Friday.

12 Likes

Good evening. For my first post I made a Lobster Fra Diavolo.

25 Likes

Mrs. P made her delicious smoked salmon penne with some crispy smoked salmon skin cracklings to start. It went great with an excellent inexpensive Spanish Garnacha.

14 Likes

Welcome Ruth! Very nice splash into the WFD pond!

3 Likes

It’s been a week.
So a treat is in order.

Pan-seared D’Artagnan duck breast, with an orange-mustard-ginger sauce, Israeli couscous and steamed asparagus.

Oh, there’s wine. And there will be either ice cream or Licor 43. Or both.

16 Likes

Crispy fish skin is one my guilty pleasures. When I pan fry skin on fish I always get the skin as crispy as I can so I can peel it off and munch on it separately!

Food looks delish as always, but I’ll take your fluffy kitty any day. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

4th night of baching = cooking odd stuff only I want to eat. Tonight, mushroom barley soup. I could eat this for a last supper…

16 Likes

Hey ma, look those 14 years of catholic schooling paid off. (FWIW I only attended till the 12th grade, you can figure the rest out)

Artichoke Francese, Pan fried scallops, blackened mahi-mahi, seared ahi tuna crusted in sesame seeds. Corn on the cob, Brussels sprouts as sides. Nice catholic boy in lent dinner!

Several martinis to celebrate my J&J One and Done vaccination on Wednesday!! Soon return to normalcy please!!!

16 Likes

Using up more leftover ingredients. Lots of extra cabbage from the corned beef and cabbage dinner, and okonomiyaki is a great use for it. Didn’t do the usual pork belly or bacon on top, but I decided to add some shrimp to keep it a bit lighter. Also a chance to use that Kewpie mayonnaise that expired in 2019. :confounded::laughing:

14 Likes

That’s an awesome looking vaccine celebratory dinner! Congratulations!
NJ finally lowered the age limit to 55 and older starting April 5th. Hopefully we can get vaccinated in a month :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: Mrs. P stuck the salmon skin in the broiler oven to get it nice and crispy. It was like salmon bacon.

Gucci says meow (thank you in kitty language) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Didn’t feel like leftovers, so some quick prep and a yummy Friday night instead.

Arugula salad - dressing was my mom’s tomato salad, which I marinated earlier so it exuded enough juices to dress the arugula. Bonus addition of wild fennel fronds that my nephew picked.

Bison skirt steak cooked sous vide a few days ago, and seared tonight in ghee with sage leaves (that nephew also picked).

And finally broccoli sautéed and topped with lots of crisp-fried garlic and almond slivers. A nice change from our usual broccoli.

A glass of red wine for me after many months.

Happy weekend!

15 Likes

Husband’s birthday dinner; New York strip, caramelized leeks, and blistered green beans.

And later…

Birthday cake!

22 Likes

Welcome! Nice first post!

1 Like

These mussels from Puget sound were absolutely fabulous. After de bearding them . Tossed into cherry stone clams with reduced tomato , garlic , and shallots. Finished with tomato and a tiny splash of anchovy juice. Just got the juice today . Wow. Cheers .

22 Likes

Where did you get the anchovy juice? Never seen it before. Is it little bit like fish sauce?

1 Like

Your husband is very lucky!

1 Like

Got in from Amazon. I have never had fish sauce . Maybe . It’s not salty

Ok, I somehow missed your top photos of your meal, and I thought you were drinking anchovy juice in a glass. :expressionless:
My initial thought was “ermmmm…”. Didn’t help that the product was labeled ‘juice’.

1 Like

Brava! and welcome!