What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

you’ve never had fish sauce? you’ve never had vietnamese food?

sorry, not challenging you, just incredulous!

beautiful dinner, happy birthday to hubs!

1 Like

I have had vietnamese food . I have never bought fish sauce

1 Like

Welcome @RuthEats!

I was looking forward to seeing this. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it’s Colatura which is pretty much the Italian version of Fish Sauce except a not as concentrated, salty and pungeant as Asian Fish Sauce.

1 Like

Yesterday I made creamy Cajun chicken and wild rice soup. I used leftover jerk chicken and made double chicken stock (cooked the carcass in stock made earlier that week). Red bell pepper, onion, celery, and carrots were the veg.

11 Likes

Lol he’s had it he just doesn’t realize it.

What a lovely birthday feast. Happy Birthday Mr Shrinkrap!

3 Likes

SATURDAY EVENING: ASIAN RESTAURANT WITH MY DEAR, MY ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT AND HER HUSBAND.

10 Likes

I made Cuban (turkey) picadillo, served over leftover black bean rice and topped with chopped jalapeño, cilantro, and avocado. Cucumbers in orange vinaigrette on the side - the kiddo ate them!!!

15 Likes

You want to hire a couple for handyman-woman chores? Or adopt a pair of mature kids?

2 Likes

Dinner plan was upended for mexican takeout.

I, however, am fed up of (this kind of) mexican takeout. And I had straggling piece of fish marinated that needed to be cooked or thrown.

So I made a quick fish curry. Then I added two leftover shrimp to it too, and boiled two eggs - because egg curry is also delicious.

So fish/egg/shrimp curry over rice was my dinner, with elote from the takeout. Very satisfying, if odd!

I also made a small loaf of sandwich bread last night after dinner - just a few slices left (and another version proving in the fridge).

13 Likes

Sorry about the take out takedown.

1 Like

A rather mundane Saturday night dinner featuring baked chicken, mashed sweet potatoes, but saved by my Brussels Sprouts with bacon, bourbon, and brown sugar. I’ve cheated with frozen sprouts a lot, but there really is no comparison to fresh for this particular side.

This pic doesn’t do it justice, but a killer Gimlet for a pre-dinner cocktail.

15 Likes

Crab cakes again, as it’s still Dungeness season, and young

asparagus for dinner at sister’s, with a dill/caper sauce. Asparagus were sweet and tender, with just a little butter, lemon, and EBTB.

14 Likes

Sunday breakfast.

17 Likes

Wow, amazing lift! We have a breakfast thread here, too, btw :grin:

2 Likes

Soft spot in my heart for popovers.

1 Like

Yup - just realized this is Dinner :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like