What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

I had always hesitated but it worked pretty well and was worth the crouch.

2 Likes

I would Fred Flinstone those ribs.

2 Likes

Double Onion Meatloaf and Smashed Potatoes all smothered in Cajun Brown Gravy.

The meatloaf has both sauteed onion and crushed Asian Crispy Fried Onion replacing most of the breadcrumbs. I feel so much better now. This is what I was craving!

7 Likes

That’s some gravy you’ve got there!

2 Likes

Mrs. P made her delicious smoked salmon penne with some crispy smoked salmon skin cracklings to start. Details and pictures in the main WFD thread below.

1 Like

Cross post ala’ our esteemed @paryzer, I sure wish I had a Mrs.P!! Lol

2 Likes

I don’t know. You seem to be doing very well on your own. You have been killing it the last few meals.

By the way you cross posted the wrong link.

1 Like

No I was just making sure you are really paying attention!! (No matter what I do I can’t get it to link to my comment. Oh well I think people will find it if they care that much. Lol)

1 Like

When you have…
Sausage from Pecci’s
Rice and potatoes from Sabor Peruano in Rahway
Peppers, Onions, Scallions, Prosciutto from Shoprite.
You get this.

5 Likes

Dayyyyummm!!! That looks good!!!

It looks like you fixed it. I see the correct link now.

1 Like

So, about six hours of cooking so far today. Started off very early with a warm blueberry compote that I put on my power waffle straight outta my mini waffle maker.

You’d think that I would have rested after that but no. I marinated a mix of ground meats and water chestnuts in garlic, ginger, cilantro, jalapeno, oyster sauce, sriracha and sugar overnight. This morning I fried all that up, drained the grease, and stuffed a whole mess of wonton skins with the cooled mixture and fried them all up.

Oh yeah, and while I did all that I also cooked up a pot of chicken, potato, and onion massaman curry that I may slice up fresh avocado on top of later.

If anyone needs me, I’ll be on the couch!

10 Likes

How much of a PITA is your recipe? That sounds delicious…

1 Like

Actually not too bad. Of all the curry paste flavors I prefer Penang and this one. Then just make a soup from the veggies so they’re soft. Fry the paste with a small bit of your favorite oil to loosen it up and then mix in precooked chicken and the veggies. One can of coconut milk with the cream later and mix in equal parts to taste but I like 3 tablespoons each of fish sauce, lime jiuce, and sugar and you’re done.

1 Like

6 am fresh fried chilaquiles with cheddar cheese and La Morena chipotle sauce.

8 Likes

Are you were busy cooking, I was busy straightening out my closet. Had I known…

4 Likes

@seal @CurlzNJ

And I was busy sleeping but would have been happy to wake up and help you both with your endeavors.

3 Likes

Yeah next time either of you need help in the morning call MsBean!!

4 Likes

Grilling season! Get out there.
Country ribs, chicken thighs, Premio Hots.

11 Likes

I made these babies today and finished them as Pizziola!!

10 Likes