What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

I didn’t know it was spelled that way!?

1 Like

I’d take one for the team, but I can’t justify spending $50.00 for a bottle. Or $32 for 375 ml. yikes. I have a vague memory of trying a shot back in the 60s. I have not tried luxardo cherries, but Bada Bing cherries are very good at half the price. Save the juice and transform regular marischinos into something much better.

3 Likes

This is the recipe I used. I stayed pretty true, except I only had 1 pack of drumsticks, which was about 1.5 lbs, slightly less. And I added the kale with an hour to go rather than 15 minutes, because I wanted it to break down a little. I simmered it low for about 4 hrs, and by that time, when I stirred, the meat was coming off the bones, so I just went the rest of the way and stripped the drumsticks myself, figuring it would be easier to portion out 5 drums among 4 eaters that way.

5 Likes

Mrs. P made an awesome D’Artagnan Heritage double cut pork chop stuffed with apples, blue cheese, bacon, shallots, and other ingredients. It went great with an excellent California Syrah.

19 Likes

I love those dishes! Who made those?

Slept in.
Thought it was Saturday.
Oh yeah.
The brain reminded me.
I had taken a day off.
So I didn’t go out.
Took it easy.
Did laundry.
Took a nap.
Didn’t feel like cooking much of anything.
Took out TJs Beef Bolognese Raviolis from the freezer.
Made a Parma-Rosa sauce.
Also made a quick salad.
Dinner.
With wine.

17 Likes

Syracuse China. We inherited the large set of 75 pcs. 21 years ago. We get asked about the pattern often. We had no idea they were hard to come by.

But I just found these real easy

2 Likes

Same here! I think the guy who invented it was/is named Ward and did it as a play on his own name. Cannot confirm though.

1 Like

that cocktail is intriguing! I’ve never bought chartreuse, as I remember once getting sick on it at someone’s party. also had something similar to is in Croatia that almost killed the BF and I. of course, i’ve never tried not drinking 50 shots of it. :grin:

2 Likes

Serious Eats’ Ndjua and passata pasta, with shallots. I also added almost a whole block of feta (like in the tik tok dish) and then a little parsley and parm regg at the end. Turned out fantastic - super rich sauce, but with a nice bite and acidity. I didn’t realize I’d accidentally purchased a gluten-free, quinoa pasta - casarecche from Granoro (Italian brand). Would never have noticed the difference. Such a simple “recipe,” even with small additions. I’d definitely make this again. Salad with our standard garlic/oregano vinaigrette on the side.

16 Likes

Pizza with corned beef, an egg, green onion, and a little horseradish sour cream drizzled on top.

15 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I like how your brain works.

1 Like

WOW!! Thanks for all the great info. Chartreuse is probably not something I will buy on a regular basis but just my luck I will love and will need to replace a $50 bottle frequently. I think I’ll have to get some the next time I’m out. I’ve never bought the Luxardo liquor for the same reason. I usually end up using the syrup from the cherries.

1 Like

@gcaggiano @heidicooksandbakes @tomatotomato

I still curse the person who gave me my first Luxardo cherry. I used to work at Williams Sonoma and they sold Luxardos. I remember thinking to myself who would spend $20 on a jar of cherries. When one of my regular customers bought several jars I had to ask. He opened the jar and gave me one and I’ve been a fan ever since. The last thing I bought before I left WS was 6 jars in order to get the employee discount. I think I have one left. I may have to try @BeefeaterRocks’s suggestion and look for Bada Bing.

9 Likes

Very much in agreement with you @MsBean, about the deliciousness of Luxardo cherries. I’ve never bought any, but will look for the Bada Bings as well. Great idea from @BeefeaterRocks.

1 Like

Amazing!

Is there cardamon in meduvada?

You had me at the tomato and house made mozzarella (basil?), but the rye earned you a perfect 10!

Oh sweet baby Jesus that looks delicious. Lol