What's For Dinner #65 - the Brand New New Year's Edition - January 2021

Oh good leftover idea.

2 Likes

I have some lamb ribs in the freezer. Been a while since I last made them but they were really fatty. Maybe it’s why they are still in the freezer

1 Like

Oh, I never thought to cook a roux in the oven! That’s an interesting idea. What temperature did you use, and how long did you bake it for? I wonder if a lower and slower time would give you the deeper color you are looking for?

My favorite line! I’m so glad it tasted wonderful!

2 Likes

Try this recipe for the lamb ribs:

1 Like
2 Likes

Will do

The Alton Brown TV episode is better. There is stirring involved.

This on is good too.

3 Likes

I typically make stove top roux’s, but can attest to the goodness and ease of stove top ones also. Haven’t used AB’s however.

1 Like

Looks yummy and easier than standing there stirring for so long!

1 Like

Meant to say upthread can attest to the goodness and ease of OVEN ROUXS too. Brain/hand malfunction - oops! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #66 - the Candle Lights in Chilly Nights Edition - February 2021

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #66 - the Candle Lights in Chilly Nights Edition - February 2021

A couple of dinners from the tail end of January. Beef Stroganoff (beef tenderloin) and Green Bean and Pork Stir Fry (pork tenderloin) Both were really good. :yum:

10 Likes
“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold