What's For Dinner #62 - the Spookalicious Edition - October 2020

Correction: from Instant Pot Miracle : From Gourmet to Everyday

Beautiful.

1 Like

I like your rouille hack!
Bouillabaisse is going on my list…

Thanks. I’m pretty good at food improv. I through it together once and it worked. If I have roasted red peppers around I’ll use them but that isn’t always the case.

2 Likes

RED WINE RISOTTO AT HOME … AND 2 DIFFERENT WINES FOR SIPPING …

11 Likes

A very delicious mangalitsa pork and garlic scape sausage from a nearby farm roasted with farm cherry tomatoes and garlic, mashed farm Yukon Golds with TPSTOB, peas.

14 Likes

As I said somewhere in this thread, I think I’m going to start writing a vermouth cookbook. Dish after dish with it comes out a success. Here we have bay scallops sautéed with butter, garlic, onion, parsley, spritz of lemon juice, and Martini & Rossi dry vermouth. Served over crispy pan-fried polenta. Crusty Italian bread on the side for dredging through this delicious sauce. I would have preferred shrimp here, but the last few days have been full of freezer dives, fridge clean-out, and making use of what’s on hand.

17 Likes

These are the last eggplants and zucchinis from my garden . Might have one more serving of green beans already later this week. Smoked trout cakes .

16 Likes

Had a pack of chk thighs

Crispy skins as an app. The fat went into roasted vegetables

15 Likes

Mrs. P made a Fall version of her famous roasted boneless quail breast salad with delicata squash, mini and shishito peppers, sauteed red onions, radishes, arugula, with a balsamic syrup reduction.

17 Likes

ooooh that looks MARVELOUS.

Wanted to use up at least some of the 5 or 6 jars of pesto in the freezer from summers gone by, plus fresh mozz and provolone. But I had ground beef. So I made meatballs. Tossed them in with penne, pesto, and TPSTOC (cheeses; parm regg too.) and a few cherry tomatoes too. Into the oven. (not ideal on this sweltering day, but oh well.) Big salad on the side.

16 Likes

Made a batch of Lanzhou beef noodle soup this weekend and had a bowl for dinner.

20 Likes

Chinese tonight, off by a day for the long weekend. I didn’t cook, other than a bit of prep. But dinner was very late.

Sautéed shiitake mushrooms, garlic green beans, broccoli, soy garlic steak, peanut tofu, brown rice.

18 Likes

Thank you. It was very simple to put together.

1 Like

Nice scraping - that’s dedication to crispiness!

3 Likes

DEAR AND I ARE PREPARING “SARDENARA”, A PIZZA TYPE DOUGH BASED ON A FOCACCIA. It hails from Liguria.

14 Likes

File this under Dedication.

1 Like

Thank you …

Have a lovely afternoon.

21.40 here.

Pecan brownies with a big glass of cold milk. Dinner, hell yes.

15 Likes