What's For Dinner #61 - the Back to (Home) School Edition - Sept. 2020

BF made chicken Cordon Bleu. Pan fried before finishing in the oven. Too hungry to take a proper picture, but there was mashed potatoes.

21 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Chef’s Table BBQ on Netflix

Later than usual dinner tonight - salmon (using ATK cold pan method which works quite well except for a bit of skin sticking - very crisp skin) seasoned simply, roasted broccoli, leftover sautéed spinach.

This is the other plate; I gobbled mine up.

Discovered belatedly that sibling had eaten chinese leftovers while I was on my weekly call with friends, rather than cook the salmon that had been defrosted :rofl:

13 Likes

VERY glad he’s OK!

2 Likes

That looks so delicious!

1 Like

Yay!
Hope all is well.
You didn’t ask me, but i’m butting in. Will share to the media thread as well, because I am so watching this. For some reason I have not been watching any food streaming, but I’ve been watching endless reruns of Columbo, Murder She Wrote, Monk, abd …Diagnosis Murder!

7 Likes

1 / 3 pound Brisket Burger from Mario’s Meats in Eastpointe, MI. I intentionally under seasoned the patty to bring out the brisket flavors. Mo Weber understood.

Bommarito Bakery supplied the rolls…

14 Likes

Dinner Tuesday night from David Steingarten’s It’s All American Food. Excellent book, but the Green Chicken Curry was more soup like. Usually don’t use a recipe because I can easily get it the way I like. For this we used eggplant, carrot, onion, zucchini, and?? can’t remember all. Also tried the curry paste in a can instead of the usual Mae Ploy. Liked the fact we used the entire can. Fresh (frozen) makrut lime leaves. Served over brown rice - all quite tasty.

15 Likes

Dinner last night. DD1 came down to join us. Taco salad with accoutrements. Outside dining, and blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

14 Likes

Tonight we had smoked shrimp cocktail and caramelized onion dip out with drinks:

Followed by egg and ham bake with broccoli, cheddar, and tots with tomato salad:

17 Likes

Very nice set-up!

1 Like

Pixel too, but not every time.

H’s ex coworker had a cat missing for 6 months, the cat was a indoor but roof cat and had no idea how to return home on the ground. He put posters on the street, but months passed with the snowing cold winter, he nearly gave up. One day in spring he got yet another call, a woman said she saw the cat described on the poster, he couldn’t believe his eyes when saw the cat again, so thin, but yes, she survived! Cats are tough.

Problem of male, even mine is neutered.

3 Likes

Linguine with lobster, corn, and cherry tomatoes happened.

Can you tell that I’m not letting summer go without a fight?

22 Likes

FIGHT ON! Your resistance is in good cause.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Chef’s Table BBQ on Netflix

BLTs on good old fluffy white bread, for a change. FM veggies were turned into baked ratatouille with thyme, basil, and chopped olives (what we had). Ate it at room temp, and it actually went really well with the BLTs. Mine had a bit less bacon, but added spicy smoked salmon too, plus my aioli. I was sad when that sandwich was over.

18 Likes

I remember David Rosengarten from the OG food network!

Yes, think I got the name wrong. I get him mixed up with someone else. He definItely knows his stuff, and I trust his recipes, especially in the Dean and Deluca Cookbook @Saregama.

2 Likes

Start of the last loooong weekend of the summer for the kids.

Beach, then outdoor haircuts for everyone in the yard, then pizza delivery.

I have Adana kabab mixture in the fridge… maybe tomorrow.

ETA: Tomatoes on the side with pizza, obviously. I think I am composed half of tomatoes at the moment.

6 Likes

Local hog rib chop grilled. Zucchini from the garden. Beans . Cheers.

19 Likes