What's For Dinner #60 - The Hot August Nights Edition - August 2020

I’ve created September’s thread here:

3 Likes

It was too late by the time I sat down to dinner - and it was a Monday. I try and limit my imbibification to Thursday through Sunday. :wink:

3 Likes

Bizarre.

1 Like

I organized the spices a couple of months in, because the drawer was an utter disaster. I grouped them by cuisine, as that’s how they’re used - “western” herbs on one side, “asian” cuisine ingredients in a group, and indian stuff on one side (just the shaker/finishing spices - the cupboard has the big bottles that are used if we are actually cooking indian food).

Then two months later they were jumbled a bit and my sil decided to organize them alphabetically (she uses the spices least of the 3 adults).

When I opened the drawer next, I had to suppress a belly laugh. When my sibling opened the drawer later, he couldn’t help himself - they had been arranged right to left.

I joked that she secretly reads Arabic/Urdu or Hebrew - I’ve never seen anyone go the opposite way on the English alphabet :rofl: (also grateful she never had to shelve books at the college library like I did :joy:).

3 Likes

@TheLibrarian28, it was so long ago, I’ve forgotten! I was there all the way back in 1975. Think it was a Ramos Gin Fizz they were famous for. It had a big wooden deck, and was a famous place, casual seeming.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #61 - the Back to (Home) School Edition - Sept. 2020

Love invention! Your offspring is is a gem.

1 Like

Last night, August 31st, we had tuna noodle casserole. Palate, but not picture worthy, salad on the side.

6 Likes

I love tuna noodle casserole. Comfort food at it’s finest. Put peas in it and you don’t even need a salad.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #61 - the Back to (Home) School Edition - Sept. 2020