Hah, spice “extractives”…? I trust them already :joy:

3 Likes

Feels like a Saturday.
But it’s not.
Which means I have two more Saturdays.
BONUS!

Slept in.
Errands.
Watched two pretend Alpha males in the checkout line at Market Basket verbally go at each other about wearing a mask properly.

Geez, dudes. Just go outside and see who can pee the longest to determine the winner in your stupid argument. When push comes to shove, you were both Richardheads.

:::Sigh:::

Dinner was sausage and roasted broccoli pizza with roasted red bell peppers, caramelized onion and roasted garlic tomato sauce.

A couple of V&Ls during prep and with dinner.

22 Likes

That pizza looks fantastic!
And I love the use of Richardheads.
Enjoy all of your Saturdays.

3 Likes

Defrosted some turkey London broil from the freezer last night. Tonight I turned it into turkey/broccoli stir fry for the kiddos, and a Thai red curry for us. I also sautéed some bok choi with garlic as a side. All with brown rice. Happy I found it in the back of the crisper before it was too late.

13 Likes

Caught a rerun of the Seinfeld “big salad” episode the other night and decided I needed a big salad for dinner. Romaine, endive, sugar snaps, fresh basil and cherry tomatoes from the garden made up the vegetable component, and then I gilded the lily (a lot) with chopped salami, shaved parmesan, pistachios, jalapeno stuffed olives and a mountain of thinly-sliced grilled flank steak, plus Caesar dressing. Kind of a riff on antipasto salad and very delish!

10 Likes

Seinfeld! Always a good example of something! Sounds like it had a lot of stuff in it. Hope it was in a big bowl.
As opposed to the “Big salad” at Reggie’s.

It is scary how well I know every line of every episode.

6 Likes

Indian food takeout tonight after a day at the beach. I had chicken makhni and BF had chicken dhingri. We shared a navrattan korma, rice, and naan.

There were several cocktails. BF had margaritas while I had pink lemonade vodka with club soda. Not gonna lie, I love the color scheme!

20 Likes

Random tonight due to the canker sore :sob::cry:

DH made fresh (and strained) garden celery bisque with basil oil, and I cooked the mushiest thing I could think of: Meera Sodha’s daily dal with eggplant, cherry tomatoes, and tomato paste added based on another recipe also in Made in India. Topped the latter with some whole milk buttermilk and served over jasmine rice. Basmati would have been better but COVID.

18 Likes

Lol, I mixed the whole thing in my largest mixing bowl, and after serving half to my husband, decided there was no reason to dirty another dish and just ate my portion out of the mixing bowl. Doesn’t get much bigger than that!

2 Likes

It is scary how well I know every line of every episode.

1 Like

Mouth sores are no fun @ChristinaM - hope yours heals soon, and you’re able to get back to your normal wonderful foods. :broccoli::corn::cucumber::watermelon::leafy_green:

1 Like

Chicken parmy and salad.

15 Likes

Gazpacho

13 Likes

Love Seinfeld
As many times as I’ve seen them I can watch again and again

2 Likes

Late meal . Local ribeye. Grilled.

Love my romanesco zucchini from the garden. Fabulous day . Cheers

13 Likes

I got a small bunch of collard greens in my CSA box last week - one of my favorite vegetables. For many years I did not eat red meat so I always cooked my greens with smoked turkey. Still do. Served with the last of my pasta salad. The hot sauce is “Delish Bajan Hot Pepper Sauce with Cucumbers” I imported earlier this year (when you could still travel).

13 Likes

National day, we invited neighbours over for pizzas, of course H’s cooking. Last minute change, the cooking had moved to a boat as neighbours was also invited by their friends and they had planned to see the fireworks on the Seine.

2 boats were tied together to accommodate all the people.

We moved all the preparations and the cooking utensils including the Weber kettle to the boat. Funny episode, one of the Weber wheel fell into water during the transport. Luckily, we got it back. Cooking on the boat wasn’t easy, space was limited. H also said at one point during cooking, the wind changed direction and smoke blew at him. Since he was cooking at the end of the boat without much space, he couldn’t do anything about it.

The first pizza with 4 cheeses suffered a bit due to dough drying up a bit with the long wait. Each pizza we cut into 16 slices for the numerous people. LOL!

Ricotta, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, Pecorino and Salers

Passata, tomatoes, artichauts, tomatoes confites, olives, basilic, mozzarella, parmesan and smoked pork…

Passata, pepper confits (grilled a day before), 'Nudja, mozzarella…

A creation by H! Thai influenced: shrimps, tomatoes, coconut milk passata (ginger, red curry, makrut lime, fish sauce…), mozzarella, coriander…

Only regret, maybe due to Covid, the fireworks changed location and was much further away, we didn’t see it well.

20 Likes

Anybody who live in US and has a few minutes to help out a student on her grad thesis survey, please do:

2 Likes

This just might be a working definition for : “Fearless”

10 Likes