What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

Thanks Jimmy! Yes, the pets have good poker faces :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Mussels in marinara. Cheers

16 Likes

As I was scrolling through my Instagram feed the other day, I came across a post from Zahav Restaurant in Philadelphia offering their roasted lamb shoulder for dinner pickup. Without a minute’s hesitation I placed my order. I’ve always wanted to go to Zahav but could never quite make it work. This turned out to be one of the best meals I’ve had in a while. Freshly baked challah, an assortment of salatim, hummus-tehina, the lamb, Persian rice, and pastries. Even better than the food, 100% of the proceeds will be going to staff members.

20 Likes

Classic!

Zucchini was raw!

Sliced thin, seasoned, drizzled with olive oil & lemon juice, and finished with pecorino.

1 Like

Thanks @rooster. We have leftovers of everything but the sprouts, which is good for weekend lunches.

Wow! Now that’s takeout!

I’ve heard so much about Zahav and that lamb shoulder - did it live up?

We actually have some lamb shoulder in the freezer… hmm…

Ooh that looks good!

The chickpeas sound like desi chinese chilli chicken in chickpea form. Gorgeous meal!

1 Like

Happy anniversary, @paryzer!

That’s wonderful of the restaurateur.

1 Like

Thank you @Saregama!
Below is a link to an article regarding their selfless act.

https://jerseybites.com/2020/03/denovo-montclair-owner-steps-up-for-employees-during-public-health-crisis/

2 Likes

It was delicious. The Zahav team clearly knew what they were doing. This was not “take out” in the traditional sense. They provided complete heating and serving instructions. I hope I someday get to try the lamb at the restaurant.

9 Likes

I hear you and I see you AND the boyfriend! Nice!

More snap pea salad from the garden. Not as reverent as the first batch.

l

14 Likes

Happy Anniversary …

Absolutely an amazingly extraordinary celebration.

All our best wishes.

It took a lot of practice and many an odd looking dumpling in the process! Thank God for YouTube.

1 Like

Maybe I mislabeled the dish. Because the flavor and texture is very Chinese…yet very Indian too. Maybe that’s why I enjoyed it so much.

1 Like

Thank you very much @Barca! It would have been an even better celebration if we could have dined out, but at least we had gorgeous weather, and were able to dine out on our newly expanded deck.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay safe!

2 Likes

Totally OT, but the drawbridge on Brielle Rd? I just moved back to the area after moving away as a kid. As an adult, I’m loving running past all the places I spent time as a kid, especially remembering fishing the inlet with my dad. I actually crossed that bridge twice this morning while I was out there for a long run.

Yep, Indo-chinese / desi chinese :grin:

2 Likes

YES!!! We live on the beach side of the Brielle Rd Drawbridge. Are you in the neighborhood?