What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

Shepherd’s Pie with a horseradish-cheddar topping, some of mom’s Irish soda bread, and asparagus because it’s green.

I really wanted to make myself a “Quarantini” (with gin, of course), but felt that a Jameson Old Fashioned would be more appropriate.

Hope everyone had a great St. Patrick’s Day given the circumstances.

20 Likes

That looks great! What kind of rice did you use?

1 Like

I am one of those who makes corned beef once a year. Since I forgot to buy rye bread I decided to try baking one. It proves I am NOT a baker. One Guinness for simmering, one for sipping.

16 Likes

Tomato with blue

Asparagus beef

14 Likes

It was from Lidl - Spanish short grain rice.

1 Like

Sugar Snap Pea Salad With Radishes, Mint and Ricotta Salata
But with Israeli feta instead of ricotta salata.

All this, and only a handful of peas from my Earthbox and I’m not sharing!

14 Likes

Happy St Patrick’s Day!

We celebrated with a New England Boiled Dinner DW put together. 4.5 pound brisket courtesy of Aldi’s. It sliced like “buttah” and was fork tender. Very pleasing cured taste.

17 Likes

Carrots, baby potatoes were roasted; cabbage added to the corned beef. Homemade Americanized Irish Soda Bread, all delicious. (I made the bread) ! Finally have the energy - yay!! :blush::+1:t3:

18 Likes

Looks great. Back in the saddle!

2 Likes

Thanks @shrinkrap - it’s so good! :blush:

2 Likes

Made some corned beef in the instant pot and used some for a Reuben sandwich along with some rapini and cherry tomatoes.

15 Likes

First day sheltering in place - worked from home and got shit done. Marinated pork chops in yogurt, ginger, garlic, paprika, etc. then rubbed them with a spice blend i made months ago and saved. We split one chop, saved the other. Also, roasted cauli tossed in olive oil, parm, granulated garlic & onion, smoked paprika, and TJs’ Everything But the Elote seasoning. I made an obligatory salad too. meh.

Dessert was these delightfully juicy, tiny mandarins i got at TJs on Saturday. Can’t stop eating them - have already gone thru 3/4 of a 5 lb. box.

19 Likes

that bread looks awesome!

glad you’re feeling better…

gorgeous!

What a Chop!

2 Likes

Made a very brown dinner last night. Tasted better than it looks. Lentils (added to onion, carrot, celery, tomato, zucchini) with feta spinach chicken sausages. Parsley, because green!

11 Likes

That’s like 98.9% of our meals (no sense of color with regards to food, like Mrs P @paryzer). I think it looks absolutely delicious.

2 Likes

Popped into Chinatown on Saturday for what will be my last meal out for a while. Picked up a block of Japanese curry sauce mix at one of the Chinese supermarkets. No chicken at the supermarket today but glad there was breaded chicken. So chicken katsu curry with brown rice and broccoli.

16 Likes

I meant “unlike Mrs. P!” @paryzer but you knew what l meant.

3 Likes

Ha Ha … Thank you for the video …

Have a lovely evening.

I was going to prepare it today however, I realised I did not have eggs. So, Thursday morning, I shall run up Street and get eggs !!!