What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

Hot bread and butter…the ultimate comfort food!

3 Likes

I ate the fatty part of husband’s steak!

4 Likes

Last couple of dinners: prime rib Monday night, and leftover Thai from Sunday, with potstickers from the freezer. The Thai plate pictured was mine, and despite eating all that food, still didn’t sleep. Monday night too, despite all the carbs, eaten to help promote drowsiness. Yikes! Maybe I need to borrow someone’s toddler for a day.

9 Likes

That sucks! How about some light exercises or stretching?

Meals were delicious though.

My favorite cut. Nice do.
04%20AM

2 Likes

Thank you! Sadly, I bent the tip trying to sharpen in a stone, and I’ve been afraid to try again.

I can work out my upper body with weights & do some crunches, maybe it will help. Do need to work on my muscles and getting strength back too. Maybe a couple cooking projects also!

Thanks re: the dinners, they both tasted amazing. Beef was outrageously good! The red wine, not so much.

Hopefully, things will get better, if not you’ll need some medical advice. Do you have any idea what is the causes of this?

Headspace!..not medical advice

That prime rib and garlic bread is a thing of beauty!

1 Like

Getting in just under the April wire, a turkey pot pie-ish stew (leftover roast turkey, carrot, onion, lima, celery, gnocchi) w/buttermilk biscuits.

14 Likes

Phreddy , just the person I wanted to see . I looked and looked for your stew recipe which was fantastic . Do you mind printing it again . Thanks

1 Like

Of course I do @naf - anxiety, fear, and worry over this Corona thing! Along with a little mishap that makes walking painful, so probably not discharging enough energy, except mentally.

Thanks @shrinkrap, I will definitely give it a try!

What are DD’s food quirks?

Oh, yum! Pretty bowls, too.

@Lambchop maybe you can ask your Dr. to prescribe Belsomra. My Dr. recently prescribed it because I always have trouble sleeping (even before this COVID 19 nightmare). You take it about 1/2 hour before you are ready to sleep. There are no drowsy side effects in the morning like other sleeping pills. I used to also take .25 MG of Xanax but I became immune to that after a while. Belsomra can be expensive if your insurance company doesn’t cover it. The Dr. had to get a special approval from Aetna before I could get the prescription. Aetna approved it for 3 years. It costs me about $30 for 30 pills. I’m not sure what a 90 day mail order supply would cost since I just started taking it & wanted to try it out first. Anyway, good luck & I hope you are able to get a good night’s sleep soon!

2 Likes

Exceptionally proud of the neon colored plastic Ikea plates that we bought when the kids were little and we were poorer, and have not tossed despite their kitchy ugliness, because they are so handy!

2 Likes

She prefers not to eat things that I’m cooking. Smile.
But seriously, it’s always evolving. I’d say many veg, lots of carbs, and “fast casual” take out. I knew she would decline steak, but I really didn’t expect her to take me up on the chicken either. She said yes, so I ended up making both.

1 Like

Thanks @paryzer - will certainly be exploring options with new Doc, to which I was assigned by my insurance, at the beginning of my health crisis. Wasn’t happy about the switch, but do like her, and feel she’s a good doc who asks all the right questions.

Happy eating through this unsettling time & hope you and your lovely wife remain well!

1 Like