What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

Don’t let the scallions fool you - that’s cheeseburger mac with steamed broccoli. Kiddo inhaled it (refused broccoli, of course).

15 Likes

Pan-seared chicken thighs seasoned with s/p and dried thyme. Thinly sliced onions added to saute a bit. 3 Tbsp of cognac added, then 3/4 cup BBB chicken broth. Covered and cooked until done, adding red grapes during the last 5 minutes.

Near East rice pilaf and steamed green beans alongside, as well as wine.

18 Likes

In sick-of-chicken mode, made turkey meatballs with vodka sauce over rigatoni and shells (cleaning out the pantry).

Don’t usually drink on Sundays, but finished some leftover chardonnay.

16 Likes

Looks delicious @gcaggiano - love turkey meatballs, they are so tender.

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m not a big meatball guy (of any kind). I’m a pretty horrible Italian. BUT I just had shrimp two days ago, steak last night, tired of chicken (and skeeved out by the constant woody breast/white striping I’ve been encountering). So what’s left? Turkey…meatballs!

1 Like

We had another excellent dinner at Ammata Thai. Details and pictures are in the link below for those that are interested.

6 Likes

Repurposed raw salmon bits and cooked Yukon potatoes = salmon cakes.

Slightly balanced with wilted greens

18 Likes

No cooking Sunday.

Takeout south indian (really good) - idli, rava masala dosa, and the fixings.

Then out for fancy tacos - I had carnitas and filet mignon, blue corn tortillas made to order. The elote was the star of the meal, though.

16 Likes

This recipe is in the current issue of AARP magazine. Pulled from the dentist lobby copy! I ate it hot, cold and stuffed in peppers!

We do weekly meal planning. Once in a while one of us throws in a surprise listing for the other. Wednesday I’m making mussels and Salade Frisée aux Lardons et Fungi.

1 Like

Looks delicious.

Breaking out a new sandwich press using breaded tilapia cutlets on garlic naan (3rd batch), avocado, micro greens (baby kale sprouts), Lots of fresh lemon along with a spicy coleslaw. Time for pineapple sangria.

Have a great rest of your day!

4 Likes

Monday Lunch …

16 Likes

Spicy pasta + champagne (or cava or Prosecco, for that matter) = heavenly. Yum.

1 Like

I made crab ravioli with lemony Hollandaise and spicy sauteed zucchini.IMG_20200309_173719

16 Likes

Yum! Ravioli !!

1 Like

Lunch looks good, but you don’t eat a lot!

Yesterday: chicken, spinach, celery root

Crêpe Suzette, yuzu and orange juice reduction syrup + Grand Mariner (husband stole all the syrup#*#?!)

I remade some more crêpes, this time with lemon crème, he was allowed to have one.

Tonight, not in mood to cook the food in the fridge. Made a tuna egg noodle, kombu broth with onion, anchovy stock, seaweed, mushrooms…

14 Likes

That’s what husbands are for!

2 Likes

Dinner last night was a beef stew (made Saturday and then refrigerated half, froze half) with carrots, served over creamy pureed cauliflower topped with parsley, lemon juice, and evoo. Napa Cab to drink.

17 Likes