What's For Dinner #54 - The Leap Month Edition - February 2020

What was the texture of the eggs?

Those mushrooms :heart_eyes:

Yolks were perfect; whites less so.

OMG drool. What’s the egg method?

1 Like

Somehow I can’t get myself to cook eggs in the microwave. I’m too finicky about the texture and doneness. Everything else, though, sure.

2 Likes

Last night I made salmon roasted in a sauce of melted butter, horseradish mustard, honey, and soy sauce. Kiddo went CRAZY for this sauce - it reminded me of Chex mix. Sides were peas, cauliflower cheese, and root veggie fries. He even ate some soft-cooked cauliflower!

Small plates out tonight. And babysitting :grin:

14 Likes

It was from this thread;

I read more here, on Bon appetit.

3 Likes

I do, but only for egg sandwiches where they are not the star.

That sauce sounds delicious! I’m gonna have to try it one of these days.

1 Like

thanks

Better, i’m that kid.:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Easy-peasy non-lemon-squeezy dinner:

Bacon cheeseburger on a lightly toasted brioche bun with a squidge of ketchup, and tater chips alongside.

I was going to make homemade French fries, but an earlier involvement with an evening libation focused my attention on the easier chippy taters-in-a-bag.

::boom::: T’was dinnah.

17 Likes

My local Costco (Lakewood, NJ) had some beautiful, fresh swordfish today. Since swordfish is one of my favorites, it was a given that’s what we’d have for dinner. Seared in a cast iron pan and finished in the oven. Deglazed the pan with butter, garlic, lemon zest and parsley.

21 Likes

Perfect

Gumbo again.

I never seem to have courage/time/perspicacity to go darker with the roux.

A brief guide to roux

10 Likes

Mrs. P made crispy duck leg confit salad with shiitake mushrooms, charred
vidalia onions, romaine lettuce, grapes, radishes, mini peppers, and yellow cherry tomatoes, with a dressing made of mustard, olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper, and topped with fresh shaved parmigiano reggiano. It went great with an excellent Primitivo wine.

17 Likes

Thanks!!

Monday night’s dinner. Fish & onion rings with salad and house made tartar sauce. The fish was wild caught Alaskan cod, and was delicious.

21 Likes

It was a successful tryout for the local bakery pizza dough to make bread . I gave it a whirl using the baked Dutch oven method. Yay . Big bowl of mussels . Cheers.

22 Likes

Perfect, you need nothing else for that meal! Will have to remember to pick up some Penn Cove mussels sometime soon. Glad your pizza dough gave you a great loaf - gotta have it for dipping!

2 Likes

Oooh! That looks fantastic. I’m not sure I’ve really had that fish. Maybe once.