1 Like

12 Likes

November WFD Sweepstakes.

2 Likes

WFD, of course!

1 Like

You guys!

2 Likes

As the lime juice & peel, coconut cream, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce & brown sugar reduced the aroma was like being transported to a land far, far away. :heart:

1 Like

I’m practicing my porridge @thwysg.

We ate at a Sinaloan Seafood spot and had leftover prawns in a deliciously, spicy, garlicky sauce with chili pepper, tequila, lemon, salt, black pepper, more. Just before taking the porridge off the heat I gently folded in whole eggs then added the prawns (heads removed & frozen), smoked salt, butter & lemon. The porridge was cooked as long as possible but I underestimated how much water is required. A lot. It still turned out good. :kissing_closed_eyes:

16 Likes

Is that what it is? My last few photos look bright in my photo album but darker & not as sharp in my posts. Anyhoo, your dinner looks yummy.

2 Likes

Hey everyone love all the photo’s and content. I was searching for a blog the other day for great recipes to make and I stumbled a a great one :smile:. If anyone is interested just check it out ;)!

http://askthechefblog.com

Enjoy your stay! Hungry Onion is a friendly forum that encourages food discussions.

I think you win! Wow!

2 Likes

You’re having a ball with your ole man away. :wink:

1 Like

Nice sear on the salmon!

1 Like

IP ww rotini with crushed fennel seed, garden peppers, onions, veggie meatballs, smoked sausage, and marinara sauce. DH loved it, soft pasta and all. No pic because, fail.

6 Likes

I would call this butter-ish chicken. I didn’t have some stuff. Didn’t add a cup of heavy cream because I’d rather save my calories for wine and added more tomato. Omitted the sugar. Served with brown rice because mysteriously I’m out of basmati and the omnipresent sauteed broccoli.

12 Likes

As usual all looks delicious. The skin on that chicken is calling me .

1 Like

Plums and blue cheese
photo%201

Cheese blintzes, sour cream, caramelized apples, bacon.

The recipe I used this time resulted in sweet blintzes, not to my liking. I prefer savory blintzes, sweetened by accompaniments. Hopefully, I’ll find my old recipe source… Husband with sweet tooth was not put off by these dessert-like bombs!

12 Likes

Oops
Forgot pics of kids dal, shrimp, parathas, pulao.

Here’s the shrikhand/cardamom-saffron yogurt - I didn’t bother to soak the saffron first, because it sat overnight and turned the yogurt a nice peach color.

Also forgot a big part of the reason I was exhausted (other than double jetlag plus daylight savings end time change) - I made about a 100 of these (over 2 days) evil little circles aka masala puris, which are a favorite kid (and adult) indulgence. And they go fast. There have been visits when I’ve had to make this twice - because the (dieting) adults decimated the first batch while kids were at school (and were beside themselves when they got home and found a box of crumbs). So now I estimate what I think is “too many” and make 50% more than that. Anyway I’m pretty sure this is penance for something :sob:.

Yesterday’s “California bowl” lunch leftovers became part of my flight eats today. Whenever I see these bowls I think of bibimbap.

Picked a half dozen sweet lime aka mosambi - one of my favorite indian fruits, which a mexican friend told me she grew up with as well, and apparently there are now two (tiny but fruitful) trees growing in the garden, so lucky me! They’re not completely ripe yet, so let’s see how they taste in a couple of days.

21 Likes