What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Hash - tin of corned beef, spuds, onions. Fried. Big dollop of HP Brown Sauce.

Gavascon for afters!

12 Likes

That was my brother’s favorite breakfast growing up. I thought it was disgusting, but now I love it… extra crispy w/an egg.

2 Likes

I sometimes prepare a White Bean Hummus however, I only use Beans soaked overnight, never a tin or plastic packaging. I purchase Ecological Alubias Blancas (Navy or Northern Beans in English). Cannelli are Delicious too in a Hummus once in awhile …

3 Likes

Mexican Beer, New England Lobster Rolls & Corn Salad w/Tomato Scallions Avocado Jalapeño Lime & Olive Oil

Hello, my name is TheCookie and I like Mayo.

Sprouts Market just opened in our neighborhood. Everything is on sale. I bought raw, wild-caught, N. Atlantic lobster tails (prev. frozen) for $6.99. Steamed, chopped & added Mayo, Lemon, Cracked Black Pepper, pinch of Celery Powder, Paprika sprinkled on top for color. I was worried how previously frozen would taste. Not as good as live, but still nice & tender. I went a little gourmet and nixed the hot dog buns for Brioche Buns. I couldn’t help it. They were there staring at me from the shelf! Oh, and I griddled them with unsalted butter.

20 Likes

Very nice. Yes, I’m a bean lover and cook them a lot in the winter, low & slow. This was a quickie meal with what we call “earthquake food” (canned foods). :slight_smile:

One of my local restaurants offers this as either a starter or main course, topped with a poached egg in the case of the main course. And they make their own Brown Sauce.

1 Like

I could eat a ‘simple’ dinner like that every night :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I like tendons a lot, never attempt to make it at home though.

Reading that while having my first cup of coffee to clear a fuzzy brain resulted in an endless mental loop of:

3 Likes

We got one a few years ago. For my area I find their produce has the most variety at the best price. Quality is always very good. Most of the rest of the store I just shop the sale items.

1 Like

spectacular! must look up Nigel’s tomatoes!

1 Like

Hi TheCookie, I like mayo too. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Recipe here, MC. Go try!

3 Likes

The corn was very good but the organic campari tomatoes were a little mealy, not even as good as the conventional ones from our corner market (need to get thyself to the Farmers Market). But, Sprouts’ sales! :blush: It’s like the .99 Store compared to WF. “Double Ad Wednesday” is going to be sweet. Yep, I’m glad they’re here.

3 Likes

thank you!!

Sign up for the emails. Every once in a while they have a 1 day coupon - something like $10 off a $50 order. I can’t always use it but it has been nice when I could!

2 Likes

I have two homes in Florida…
One in DelRay Beach, another in Boca Raton.
But I do have one in NYC as well.
Florida is not the culinary wasteland it used to be 40 plus years ago, especially south Florida…I do not say anything about NYC…

Me too… Maria

1 Like

Great add lib!

You are wonderfully sensitive and intuitive , and I do think you speak for many of us…
Thanks Miss. M

2 Likes