What's for Dinner #46 - the June Is Busting Out All Over Edition - June 2019

Ooh la la . Bellissimo.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That rolled pork sounds like a winner!

4 Likes

Made some Cuban style mojo marinated pork using this recipe:

But instead of cooking in the oven I put it in the pressure cooker with the marinade for 80 minutes, let the pressure release naturally, and then took it out and browned it in a hot oven for about 15 minutes. Came out very tender, almost fell apart when slicing.

Served with broccolini and white rice.

Discovered that my dishwasher requires maintenance so a lot of dishes to do :neutral_face:

15 Likes

merci!

gorgeous pork! watched that episode yesterday, but your link doesn’t include the brine - i wanted to try the whole thing. have to search for it.

Ah yes I didn’t brine it.

Recipe w/the brining step posted by Jon Favreau:

4 Likes

hey, thanks!!

1 Like

Gorgeous, from oven to plate!

1 Like

Looks scrumptious…but no wine?

Looks amazing! You may enjoy the episode on the Chef Show where they make it together.

1 Like

Last night was pulling what ever was leftover and try to make something new.

Some smoked brisket from Father’s Day needed to get used (I live in a magic house). Found some mini colored peppers that I blackened and then removed all skin, ribs and seeds and diced fine. There was an ear of corn from last week that also got a little char and was cut from the cob. All this on to a large toasted flour tortilla topped with shredded arugula, cilantro and green tomatillo salsa. Rolled and scarfed down with a beer to drink

9 Likes

Yum!

That cocktail, yes, please!

2 Likes

Nice view there, too.

Holy crap that’s a big burrito!

3 Likes

I want to eat from your kitchen. Seriously.

that’s the famed Mission burrito. Big as your thigh.

4 Likes

A toast to Sam and what was once upon a time!

7 Likes

On a good day, when I abstain from seconds…:rofl::rofl:

:laughing::laughing: