What's for Dinner #46 - the June Is Busting Out All Over Edition - June 2019

Dinner was… challenging for the BF’s teeth issues. FM, locally-raised jowl “bacon” was super fatty, of course, and delicious, but the meaty parts got very crispy by the time I could cook all the fatty parts enough. Very good, smoky and sweet, but maybe not in a BLT next time. (Actually, BLATs.) Also the bread was overtoasted - not burnt but super crunchalicious, forcing the BF to eat his with a fork & knife. :slightly_frowning_face:

Corn on the cob was (b)utter perfection. :smiley:

p.s. - I forgot the chips!

13 Likes

I would do that in a heartbeat but I don’t see it around here. I seem to see it closer to the ocean.

Harvesting wild fennel

Cooking with wild fennel

those tenders!! oh man…

1 Like

Skirt steak with grilled pineapple, peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Side of couscous. A great summer night meal!

15 Likes

Summer arrived in glorious fashion yesterday. So, I grilled. :heart_eyes:

Pork Chops courtesy of a specialty market on the north side of town–Village Market.

17 Likes

That’s a stunner. :yum:

1 Like

That looks so good!

1 Like

Succulent

2 Likes

Just Grocery Outlet (cold case) packaged pub cheese; cheddar with horseradish.

1 Like

Gorgeous chop! Method? Brined?

1 Like

No brineing. Just took them out of the refrigerator, dusted them with liberal doses of White Pepper and Coarse Sea Salt, and let them drop to temp while the charcoal greyed in the grill. The generous cut of the chops made them a breeze to grill.

4 Likes

Your oven fries look particularly tempting. Your method?

1 Like

Nothing to see here folks… I suspect my body is now made up of watermelon, cucumber and tofu…

Cucumber salad is on repeat over here- this one was more attractive than most

I’m going to spare you additional photos of Lazy Girl Tofu and watermelon…
Lots of those crunchy edamame happening here too

Got in an upper body workout zoodling some butternut squash and zucchini the other night, pic is before i added a ton of nooch

Aka nutritional yeast

And some regrettable sad expensive veggie sushi from the whole foods near me, plus a fantastic veg sesame broth ramen on a cold night last week at Ippudo.

7 Likes

Who would not like to look at watermelon, Tofu and cucumber?..Especially how you present it!!!

3 Likes

Finally served last night’s grapefruit with rather nice thyme accent

Salmon, potato, ginger cakes with dill yogurt sauce. Garlicky greens.

12 Likes

We had another awesome dinner at Drew’s Bayshore Bistro in Keyport, NJ. Details and mouth watering pictures are in the link below.

Pre-dinner drink of vodka and grapefruit juice, with a splash of cranberry juice and St. Germain.

Pork chop with a marinade of Dip Me Daddio spice mix, olive oil and Dijon mustard, grilled and finished in the oven.

Roasted Peewee potatoes with Penzeys Tuscan Sunset and s/p, and broccoli. Wine.

Dessert was Lemon Posset with strawberries and blueberries.

14 Likes

Holy crap those look amazing!!!

3 Likes

Getting the smokey joe ready for burgers
Cole slaw, beans , and some wine to drink . 73 degrees at 8 PM . Love this time of year . Cheers .:wine_glass:

12 Likes

Had a big din-din planned but the BF said he was craving a burrito. Who am I to say no to a craving? Sent him off to get his burrito and had this instead. It was actually going to be a part of our dinner tonight, but it really would have been too rich (i went a bit heavy on the ricotta.) Fresh favas, with evoo, a teeny splash of Jerez sherry vinegar, and s&p, over fresh ricotta with lemon zest/juice, mint, fresh grated nutmeg, s&p, on sourdough toast. And finally some camping snacks - a little mousse pâté and pub cheese with toastlets. Stuffed.

Oh and his burrito. Whatevs! :roll_eyes:

the other part of dinner was going to be a pork roulade, stuffed with a mixture of sauteed shallots, shrooms, and thyme, this delicious fig/olive tapenade i bought also leftover from the camping trip, and a little blue cheese. tied and wrapped it up tight and stuck it in the fridge for Monday night’s dinner, as I’m going out with my sister tomorrow.

Also, found a hunk of bourbon smoked paprika/habanero sugar-rubbed pork shoulder in the freezer this morning, so i seared that up and stuck it in a low/slow oven for another dinner this week. It appears we’re on a pork roll. Get it? :stuck_out_tongue:

pork%20roulade%20tied

16 Likes