What's for Dinner #46 - the June Is Busting Out All Over Edition - June 2019

gorgeous pork! watched that episode yesterday, but your link doesn’t include the brine - i wanted to try the whole thing. have to search for it.

Ah yes I didn’t brine it.

Recipe w/the brining step posted by Jon Favreau:

4 Likes

hey, thanks!!

1 Like

Gorgeous, from oven to plate!

1 Like

Looks scrumptious…but no wine?

Looks amazing! You may enjoy the episode on the Chef Show where they make it together.

1 Like

Last night was pulling what ever was leftover and try to make something new.

Some smoked brisket from Father’s Day needed to get used (I live in a magic house). Found some mini colored peppers that I blackened and then removed all skin, ribs and seeds and diced fine. There was an ear of corn from last week that also got a little char and was cut from the cob. All this on to a large toasted flour tortilla topped with shredded arugula, cilantro and green tomatillo salsa. Rolled and scarfed down with a beer to drink

9 Likes

Yum!

That cocktail, yes, please!

2 Likes

Nice view there, too.

Holy crap that’s a big burrito!

3 Likes

I want to eat from your kitchen. Seriously.

that’s the famed Mission burrito. Big as your thigh.

4 Likes

A toast to Sam and what was once upon a time!

7 Likes

On a good day, when I abstain from seconds…:rofl::rofl:

:laughing::laughing:

Potato and green bean salad . Nicoise, but no tuna. A tease from an email, but couldn’t see the recipe without a subscription. Grrrrr. But I get it. With my home grown La Ratte fingerlings, basil, shallot greens, and thyme. I’m supposed to be limiting carbbs, but make exceptions for my home grown fingerlings.

Soon to be joined by grilled grilled honey chipotle pork tenderloin…maybe. Or sleep. Whichever comes first.

Maybe I’ll add tuna for lunch.

16 Likes

Pizza night! Homemade buffalo chicken pizza with bleu cheese crumbles and wheat crust.

14 Likes

I gladly raise a glass to Sam I am.

8 Likes

Make that a “dirty glass”… :slight_smile:

4 Likes