What's for Dinner #44 - 04/2019 - the April Flowers but no Showers Edition

Mrs. P made rabbit browned in olive oil with red and white onions, garlic, shallots, white wine, mustard, chicken broth, salt and pepper with fresh shaved orange rind on top :yum: She also made an excellent side dish of roasted fennel, leeks, red and white onions, sugar snap peas, sweet peas, sautéed in olive oil with salt and pepper. I think @Ttrockwood would like those roasted vegetables. They were delicious.

15 Likes

Did you roast it breast side down? You could also try a dry brine, maybe.

I went easy-peasy for dinner tonight after 2 days of month-end invoicing. And I’m still not done.

BJ’s Mandarin Orange Chicken, with the sauce being augmented with orange juice, hoisin sauce, a store-bought apricot dipping sauce (that I can’t remember where I bought it), and a healthy dose of freshly grated ginger.

Served on top of Basmati rice with peas. And despite it being Tuesday, I had a glass of wine.

Season finale of “This Is Us” shall be my main TV viewage tonight.

10 Likes

That looks fabulous. You are a lucky hubby!

3 Likes

Grill night: turkey Italian sausage, peppers, onions, and Patsy’s marinara. A green salad with grilled asparagus, cucumber, and tomato in LindaWhit’s maple-balsamic vinaigrette.

Forgot photos of dinner, but I did manage to get one of dessert:

13 Likes

Glad you have your priorities in order :wink:

3 Likes

That, and the bubble bath, and I was good to go.

4 Likes

Breast down would be good for the meat but not for the skin.

What do you think of this? I’ve never tried it. Cook the neked meat SV then make crispy skin tuiles by scraping out the fat and baking the skin high heat between 2 parchment sheets and baking pans to make crispy thin tuile treats. I have done skin this way before using thighs. The skins were remarkable

I like it!

Yogurt-marinated chicken with rice. Bad pic, it looked better than that in real life.

10 Likes

That rice tho :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you @ChristinaM ! Yes it was fabulous, and yes I am a very lucky hubby :blush:

3 Likes

There was a bit of an incident this afternoon related to clearance priced fancy nut butter… there are whole crunchy pumpkin seeds in it!!

In my desperation for summer i picked up some fairly decent tomatoes, not sure what came over me but they ended up with edamame, scallions, cilantro, lots of sesame seeds and a bit of rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Tasty combo!
Sides of pretzel fishies and kombucha

11 Likes

Just a quick thrown together puff pastry flatbread with porcini sauce, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and a little parmesan. I may end up with heartburn from the puff pastry but I’ll be up feeding kittens in the middle of the night anyhow so I’m not too worried.
This is what happens when I let them feed themselves…

11 Likes

Foods a great motivator! Are you fostering?

1 Like

BAYBEEES!!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

You had a lot on your plate, figuratively and literally. That ballotine is quite impressive! good luck with the rest of the donation work. it’s not easy.

4 Likes

Salad with the leftover pork chops from Sunday - the BF’s doing. also, fries, because salad is not a dinner apparently, even with pork chops in it. Fries were a tad overdone, but we still hoovered them.

17 Likes

A few meals…

Razor clams cooked with vermouths Noilly Prat, garlic and chervil.

Bucatini with squid with tomatoes pulp, garlic and white wine.

Liver with onion confit, raspberry vinegar and parsley

Bibimbap - the soy marines grilled beef was very good.

22 Likes

Wonderful photos!

1 Like