What's for Dinner #44 - 04/2019 - the April Flowers but no Showers Edition

Everything looks fantastic. I could go for some razor clams right about now

2 Likes

Naf - I would say they were close to italian soup dumplings. Like the long stewed meat and veggies in the cooking gravy was cooled down to get firm then put in the ravi. When they were warmed up they were moist and delicious.

3 Likes

omfg razor clams!!! :woozy_face:

1 Like

Rarely see then near me as they are certainly not local. Ordered them at a Chinese restaurant awhile back. Want more…

Yes, but not through a group. These tinies were found in a neighbors bushes, we’re trying to TNR the mama and the last round of kittens (now teenagers,) to try to break the cycle.

1 Like

Bake in the bag Pork Loin from Kroger. With go-withs…

11 Likes

Nice bread shot😉

2 Likes

Back home after a week!

Scallion and shrimp pajeon with gochujang-soy dipping sauce.

My lemongrass stalks sprouted while I was away!

17 Likes

Should put them in soil! Good as anti mosquitoes

Strangely, I’ve had more success in water than in soil… will let them grow a bit more and then try soil again.

I use them in tea, and in cooking. Not a lot of mosquitos luckily!

1 Like

Used dry pan technique I read about here to saute mushrooms today. All gone before I could take a pic. I’ll have to make some for myself tomorrow.

3 Likes

The mushroom flavor really intensifies!

1 Like

All of the sunshine today was deceiving- it was crazy windy but i was stubborn and biked anyhow (and now my legs are jello!)
Salad situation here, forgot to take a pic before i added nutritional yeast, soo… yeah, not especially beautiful. Just some cucumber, tomato, scallions and cilantro

Side of spicy radishes dipped in a little miso (first time trying that and it’s delicious!), some crunchy edamame happened too. Kombucha to drink

6 Likes

Leftovers, salad, and blanched sugar snap peas with homemade ricotta, honey, salt, and tomatoes.

9 Likes

Tried my hand at pupusas, ate with yogurt (instead of sour cream), pepita salsa, and hot sauce. Also some savoy cabbage that’s the start of curtido.

Pork and cheese:

Cheese only (pepper jack):

11 Likes

Very nice looking…How did the Pupusas taste?

1 Like

The dirty dozen gathered this morning bought from a local . So happy . Eggs and potatoes. Wine to drink .:wine_glass: Cheers 20190404_170228

17 Likes

I like them - they remind me of a stuffed paratha, but corn-flavored and much easier to make. The cabbage slaw and red sauce are really tasty too.

2 Likes

How do you clean the eggs before using them?

Run them under cool water. And rub off the dirt with a towel . Super easy to polish these gems. Plus he says they will last longer ( stay fresher ) if not stored in the fridge . Place them in a cool dark place . They are next to my wine .

3 Likes