What's For Dinner #40 - 12/2018 - The Hearth and Home Edition

Thanks.

Merguez, spicy beef and mutton sausages.

2 Likes

Please put some in the freezer and then warm it up in about a month and re-post to inspire me to make that when we are in a frozen mess, here in NYC…

1 Like

Can’t, we finished nearly everything. Will remake it again! :smile:

2 Likes

I brought my last bottle to a playdate yesterday and feel slightly bereft LOL

2 Likes

https://www.ste-michelle.com/wine-and-food/recipes/french-tarbais-bean-soup

Giving this bean soup a try for dinner, simmering now. I added 1/4 cup chopped canned tomatoes to use up and amp up the base. Added diced celery instead of leeks, again to use what I had. Soaked RG tarbais beans overnight. I might sink some cod in the finished soup later. Baked country bread and vino.

Happy Monday all,
Rooster

8 Likes

Excellent word choice, but I am very sad you are out of wine!

4 Likes

It was surprisingly quiet at this mall. But other strip malls were crazy - and so was I for going to those strip malls. LOL

And I’ve picked out a couple of things from my closet that will suffice if I can’t find anything tonight. For “party clothes” I’d rather find it in person.

Excellent word choice and excellent bring-along to a play date.

My brain is still processing “last bottle.”

2 Likes

What you said in that second sentence, @Saregama! I had THREE bottles left and made sure I stopped at Wegmans on the way home from Mom’s on Saturday (at 5pm, no less!) to pick up a half dozen more. LOL

5 Likes

There’s a big tarbais beans thread here somewhere. I’ve never had them so following…

2 Likes

They don’t last long here anymore :joy:

5 Likes

Decided to go w/out cod.

16 Likes

Couldnt find it…

There was a bit of discussion here:

5 Likes

i hear you…i’m so terminally bored of all the delivery options near my work, and that’s even without the additional constraints you’ve got. hang in there…

1 Like

just sent you D’artagnan’s duck confit recipe using tarbais beans
As I mentioned, I would never pay $19.99 for a pound of tarbais beans ( from D’artagnan or Amazon) as 3 lbs is required for that recipe
I always used white Cannelloni beans
Well, when I found them at $6.99 from Rancho Gordo, I ordered 9 pounds, made the duck confit using 3 lbs and was disappointed bec it was too heavy. So, my suggestion is using 2 lbs instead

3 Likes

Appreciate it!

Very creamy bean, cooks up in 25 mins once soaked overnight.

3 Likes

A riff on a Jet Tila Fried Rice recipe from 101 Asian Dishes You Have To Cook Before You Die:

T’was delicious!

10 Likes

So “in the real world” I’m actually a fashion designer (womens ready to wear) and my party go to is black on black with excessive jewelry and bright lipstick :joy: of course great shoes help but depends how sober i am and how long I’ll be standing…!

8 Likes