What's For Dinner #40 - 12/2018 - The Hearth and Home Edition

Caldo Verde tonight with some crusty garlic studded bread. This is red light food for me. Just love a simple soup or stew

12 Likes

Looks wonderful! It’s the perfect meal on a cold December. Cheers!

Yeah we’re down in the 50’s now :yum:

1 Like

30 degrees here but it feels like 10💨

Ouch! I hate to be cold

1 Like

Grilled octopus salad,… the parts there off over some Arugla…

11 Likes

This was lo mein noodles with green onions, ginger, hot pepper flakes, garlic and shrimp…lightened it up with some shrimp stock and butter, evoo s+p…and a no no…grated parm/reg on top

9 Likes

Phreddy, what’s your method on grilled octopus? I really enjoy ordering it at restaurants.

Yum!

My kinda winter

Where is the emoji for eyes rolling back in pleasure? After the HO discussion about sumac, I decided to tackle a recipe for Palestinian spiced chicken roasted over onions and pita. I spatchcocked an organic chicken, marinated it overnight in fresh lemon juice and a dry rub of sumac, salt, fresh nutmeg, Aleppo pepper, cinnamon, and TJ’s lemon pepper. Roasted the bird at 315F for 2-ish hrs. over split whole wheat pitas and half a large onion sliced thin and drizzled with olive oil and chicken broth. Then drained off the liquid, reduced it in a pan, and crisped up the chicken and pita on high. Next time I would cut way back on the broth but was trying to avoid a conflagration while we were out viewing a gingerbread house competition!

We served it with harissa and a cucumber-yogurt salad with garlic, dried mint, and celery seed. Maybe he was especially hungry, but my hubby raved over this meal: “One of my favorite dishes you have made.” #score

15 Likes

Looks fantastic Christina

2 Likes

Inspired!

2 Likes

YAY! That looks sooooo good!

2 Likes

replenish immediately! Playdates and wine are perfect together, but snow storm without wine is sad, unless you have some rum and unpasteurized local apple cider to heat up with cinnamon sticks and I love to throw in a few cranberries.

4 Likes

I love, love, love Rancho Gordo beans.

If only I could find a Boston area source for fresh field peas and butterbeans in the summer, I would have everything I need.

3 Likes

We put the kid to bed and baked some biscuits. Frozen butter method.

18 Likes

Yum!!!

Gorgeous!

Great rise and layering!

1 Like