What's for Dinner #38 - the Spooky Oct '18 Edition

where does one find scallion tofutti cream cheese ?

Breakfast for dinner. Homemade crepes with lemon curd and blackberries, roasted plum and pear salad and a sweet dessert wine my brother brought back from Lisbon.

7 Likes

Destination worthy for sure. New yorkers don’t like standing on line unless it’s Worth It, and even in the middle of February they have a line of locals going down the sidewalk on weekends

1 Like

It’s just regular plain tofutti that the bagel shops add different stuff into just like regular cream cheese. My understanding is the bagel shops usually have tofutti as a dairy free option for those who keep kosher and don’t want dairy in their meal

1 Like

Friends visiting . Fly fishing adventure in my area. Leftover sirloin made into street tacos . Beans , and Spanish rice . A lot of wine to drink :wine_glass:Cheers .
20181026_192409

12 Likes

Needed something hot and veggies in me tonight. Another tomato based soup that was really unattractive! And, random. Onion/garlic/tomato paste as usual, veg broth, whisked in a big gob of peanut butter, splash of soy sauce, can of tomatoes, a big zucchini, can of hominey (warned you about the random!) and some good sized chunks of delicious medium firm tofu from my h mart trip to soak up the flavors.
Not beautiful yet tasty and filling!

11 Likes

I have never noticed tofuitti other than with the ice creams. Good to know.

1 Like

I really like hominy when I eat it, but I never think to buy it!

Made some sorta-Pollo alla Diavola earlier - basically a chicken breast marinated in chili oil. Rest of the bok choy from yesteday.

And some beef cheung fun earlier from Chinatown where I inadvertently ended up after an art opening this evening. This was some of the best cheung fun I’ve ever had - have to go back for a full meal soon!

12 Likes

After visiting 5 Doctors between the three of us a sheet pan supper was all I had the energy for. Served with romesco sauce. We are all ok but it was check up time for everyone. Bouns for cleaning out the veggie bin to get ready for my Imperfect Produce box. This kind of supper is quickly becoming a weekly event. I ALMOST feel guilty about how easy this is to get us in under an hour.

14 Likes

That looks tasty, with the bonus of being quick - and romesco makes everything better :slight_smile:

I meant to ask this earlier - what did your band mates bring to accompany that yummy roasted cauliflower?

1 Like

A half dozen steaks, onions, mushrooms and beer. I took the grill out of the garage and they grilled everything while I heated up the cauliflower and bread in the kitchen oven. Came together fine. Then we watched old movies from 1991 when we ran crew for Lenny.

6 Likes

Noice!

The market by me has a ton of Goya products, and i started buying regulatory last year when i was desperately trying to recreate the amazing green posole verde i had at bar verde (no longer on the menu, and i never did get it right). Adds a nice texture and corn-y flavor!

1 Like

Chicken thighs cooked on a steel plate on the grill with smoking apple wood chips for flavor. The pulled meat was used for tacos inspired by fresh corn tortillas from the Mexican mart. An assortment of grilled hot peppers, diced tomatoes, shredded cabbage and cilantro. It was a fast dinner then out the door to see Lindsey Buckingham at a small venue. Fabulous!

6 Likes

Lousy, rainy Saturday here. Dinner is looking like a batch of red rice, roasted shrimp and salad greens. Couples poker and old movies. Bars open!

Have a nice wknd, :wine_glass:
Rooster

6 Likes

WFD! Anchovy in vinegar and fig salad

Poke! Tuna, with soy sauce and wasabi!

Mackerels with ginger and soy sauce

Really the last figs with duck breast marinated with various peppers.

Smell so good while cooking - chicken cooked with bell pepper confit, shallot and Basmati, with cherry tomatoes added at the end.

Crispy skin, glazed with honey, soy sauce and lemon juice.

Rice pudding of l’Ami Jean, with caramel and nougatine of nuts after a lot of tests and trials, luckily husband a connoisseur of rice pudding finally approved this version. I made 3 versions, so we had been feeding on that for a week!

Process and recipe here:

19 Likes

Wow! That’s one gorgeous feast, naf!

Thanks! That’s 3 meals! But very good, I agree.

1 Like