What's for Dinner #34 - June is Bustin' Out All Ovah! Edition - June '18

Hot mess of a pic, but dinner was good. Store rotisserie chicken, oven roasted buffalo cauliflower, a scoop of hummus, and nann.

5 Likes

Duck legs. Meat was shredded, then I added seasoning from a grinder to one half. The other half had Turkish hot pepper paste, garlic and OO. Sides are kimchis and more Turkish pepper paste.

I rarely eat burger-like food after my teenage years. Not pleasant to open mouth so wide and also, guess I grew out of eating like an invincible teenager.

5 Likes

I’ll be making hamburgers tomorrow. But they won’t be more than 2 inches thick, maybe more like 1 1/2.

1 Like

Grilled turkey Italian sausage, marinara ww penne, and green salad. Simples after a long week.

9 Likes

Have been chillin’ in Barcelona and Madrid for the last week, two of my favorite cities in Europe! I really think I could move here if not for the fresh produce alone, and the warm demeanor of the local Barcelonan’s. We try to stay off “turista” grid, but this trip we stayed in the Gothic Quarter…Iberostar…

I have some great tappas and market pics I will share, when I sort them when we move on to Paris later this week.

My fellow WFD’s siblings… I am alive, and "well’ (fed)…here in Barcelona…

16 Likes

Enjoy the rest of your travels! Can’t wait to hear more.

2 Likes

Summer food again. Inspired by a food in Thüringen, Germany called Mettbrote with cumin seeds, dried marjoram and fried onions. Mett is raw pork mince, I have replaced it with Uruguayan beef. Pretzels are from frozen ready-to-baked.

The colour of the fried shallots comes from chilli oil I made yesterday. Left is my own Laoganma (“heaven-facing” chilli flakes -with seasoning- in oil), also made yesterday.

7 Likes

The burgers turned out really well. We had them with grilled pecorino fresco, the best cheeseburger ever.

5 Likes

Saturday - a short visit with Mom; some errands; crappy homemade braised short rib ravioli with a spicy tomato sauce, garlic bread and assorted Law & Order: SVU episodes. At least the wine was good.

Sunday - couple more errands; steak tips marinated in tamarind, sesame oil, garlic, red chili paste, lime juice, brown sugar, minced shallots and parsley, grapeseed oil, salt and pepper, then grilled on a grill pan and finished in the oven.

Baked potato, buttah, s/p, and lots of sour cream, and sauteed baby spinach, red bell pepper, shallots, prosciutto, and Aleppo pepper. Wine. T’was good.

8 Likes

Stupid hot and icky today. I found good looking organic strawberries at trader joe’s and they were dinner tonight- just after the photo i added some plain greek yogurt and some of the ancient grains and seeds mix for a little crunchy thing. Kombucha a la carte

9 Likes

Sounds like a contradiction!

1 Like

Our friends had us over for ground beef tacos in soft corn tortillas, green salad, and corn on the cob. Delicious and great not to have to cook.

4 Likes

I get pissy when I don’t get to cook

These days all are friends want to go out. No one wants to cook. I’ll deal. Need new friends

2 Likes

I love it but the prep and cleanup are tricky with a little one. Sometimes it’s nice to get a break. We do a lot of meals at each others’ homes as these toddlers are a bit too mobile and moody for restaurants some of the time. These two get out more often than most, though! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Those are the best looking chops ever!

1 Like

Many dinners out again. June has been way too busy! Tonight I made feijoada. Found a packet of already-cut meats (pork, sausages, dried beef) typical of the dish, that you just saute and then put in water with black beans, bay leaf, garlic for about an hour. i also added some thick-cut Peter Luger bacon because i had it. That’s some mighty fine bacon! made rice, the typical garlicky collards, and toasted the farofa with raisins. a tomato vinaigrette goes over the whole thing. Really great dish, and this one turned out just as I remember it from Brazilian restos. Love the bitter greens and toasty farofa.

9 Likes

Fabulous

1 Like

One way to clean a
pan after cooking steak . Sauce pan upside down over the griddle. Heat and pop. Remove pan.

10 Likes

Soup of Garbanzo beans, tomato, and tripe in Barcelona

7 Likes

Strawberries and Yogurt any time for breakfast, lunch or dinner …… eating that since “Danone” made it’s debut in NYC in the late 50’s… I think although it might have been before…

1 Like