What's for Dinner #26 - 10/2017 - The Tastes of Fall Edition

Steelhead with a zucchini, pepper and olive medley, garlic loaf to cap off the feeding frenzy

8 Likes

Also different than Barcelona. I have to admit I love Barcelona’s food scene just a tad more, but everything was wonderful.

1 Like

Thank you, still a bit of a cough, but fine.

Today, I turned 59. Statically speaking, I shouldn’t still be here. Each birthday is worth a celebration. Tonight, after a full day of watching the grand-scallion, we got to work. The rack of lamb, Costco Australian rack, had been dry brining in the fridge. The grand scallion loves to “read” cookbooks with me. Today, we “read” Ottolenghi. The cauliflower fritters with cumin stood out, and I had the ingredients [mostly] in the fridge. And so dinner was born.

Rack of lamb on the grill. Cauliflower and Cumin fritter with a lime yogurt dressing. Steamed Asparagus with lemon and Parmesan slivers.

asparagus with parmesan cheese, cauliflower fritters and yogurt lime dressing

the rack resting

IMG_1355
my plate

20 Likes

I love those racks of lamb from Costco.:blush:

3 Likes

:tada: Happy birthday … eat well, enjoy!!!

1 Like

So, not sure if I was unclear, but most of the food pictured here was not in Malaga - pics are from Seville, Cordoba, and Granada too. All of it was good, everywhere, though! We weren’t in Malaga long enough to find really amazing food… next time! Funnily though, we had two different impressions of Malaga - the first when we arrived was of a sleepy beach town, because we stayed in a funky little neighborhood (Lagunilla) and spent time in some old school places. but upon our return trip, we “discovered” the huge outdoor mall - slick, super commercial, crowded as hell, even off season. We could then see how Malaga is considered a resort town.

Happy Birthday! and congratulations on another year on earth! and many, many more. that lamb looks fabulous.

Happy birthday!

Back to summer today, so cool eats back on the menu

Mashed sardines, avocado and pickled onions on almond butter toast gifted by a coworker’s wife who was bringing her husband dinner right as I was leaving work late last night.

It was all I had all day so I nibbled off of a rotisserie chicken picked up at Whole Foods dipped in pesto mayo.

5 Likes

I love those Costco’s lamb chops
Used to buy them for my husband , one of his favorites but i brown them individually, with , garlic, shallot EVOO and butter, rosemary and then, I use mint at the end on the butter EVOO .Unfortunately, my son does not like lamb!!
Happy birthday! May you have many more to come.
59 Spring chicken you!

That Rack Rocks!!!
Many Happy Returns!

Perfect sear

1 Like

Happy happy birthday!! What a great celebratory meal!

Welcome to Club 59, @smtucker! I entered the doors of this particular club just 7 days ago, so we’re almost birthday twins. :birthday: :star_struck:

I :heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart: that the grand-scallion loves to “read” cookbooks with you. A cook in the making! Dinner looks wonderful - hope you had a wonderful day!

7 Likes

:tada: Happy belated Birthday

2 Likes

A fix-up for me (haircut), a fix-up for Gilda (80K checkup and inspection), and then dinner to think about.

Pork tenderloin, oiled up, seasoned with s/p, and pan-seared for a few minutes, then it finished roasting in the oven. A quick makeshift sauce of sauteed shallots, (previously) roasted garlic, minced fresh rosemary, white wine, heavy cream, s/p, and a sploosh of fresh lemon juice was made, and turned out quite nice.

Israeli couscous and roasted Brussels sprouts alongside. With the requisite glass of wine, of course. OK, two glasses.

Music was a personal playlist on Amazon Prime for the past few hours, and I’ll probably peruse Prime to see what’s in my list of “I want to watch this” for television viewing tonight.

8 Likes

Happy birthday Linda. It gets better with age. I’m acting like I’m in my twenties.:sunglasses::wink:

3 Likes

Happy Happy!!! Sounds like you and Gilda are ready for a great year.

2 Likes

Corned beef hash made with kabotcha squash instead of potatoes and a proper runny egg. It was delicious!

10 Likes