What's For Dinner #105 - the Start Your Gardens! Edition - April 2024

Well, I can scratch tomorrow’s early morning appointment from my list – my dentist was able to see me this afternoon after my cleaning! Yay! Might actually be able to sleep in for a change :blush:

The Harper’s assignment is on hold until the author supplies sources for quotes he used – none of which I could find in the OG material…. should be interesting.

Dinner at Frau Lingua’s Haus is an Abendbrot / tapas / mezze affair in our continued effort to clean out the fridge: last night’s grilled chicken thighs, fresh made gambas al ajillo, crab legs with lemon zest butter, Nueske’s smoked duck breast, taleggio, and Tj’s gigantes. Reminded me what an absolute PITA crab legs can be :smile:

Vegetables? We don’t need no stinkin’ vegetables :smiley:

Might even be ready for a martini with that delightful Wilds gin we picked up in the ‘burgh.

Continuing the wild & fun ride that is Fallout after dinner.

15 Likes

Okay now I need to buy some mackerel. Well it will probably be during the CSA season since most of the veggies in that salad are in my CSA.

1 Like

A scrounge meal, plus a Finnish potato, pickle, apple salad with mayo, honey, vinegar and mustard, based on these recipes.

I screenshot some translations to give the general idea.

I didn’t add cream cheese. I think the translation is faulty and the recipe is asking for cream cheese, or maybe a sweeter type of Finnish cream cheese, not cream cheese frosting.

With a little lemon juice

With honey and topped with chives

7 Likes

Asparagus pizza. ATK’s crust recipe, with a garlicky, oregano-infused bechamel, topped with three cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, marinated artichokes, and garden asparagus.

Served with salad greens in vinaigrette, along with pickled peppers.

17 Likes

Fried spaghetti with ramps and mint, very nice. I need to make pasta correctly next time, though, because this is like cut up for a kid.

Watercress salad with dressing inferior to the dressing I made yesterday, tried something new, oh, well. It’s got egg and radish, though, so that’s good.

20 Likes

Thai-Italian fusion (which actually worked nicely) - Chard-Curry-Lasagna - chard leaves and stalks sautéed with onion, garlic, ginger, diced tomatoes and red Thai curry paste. In addition, a béchamel sauce made with flour, milk, heavy cream and red Thai curry paste. The lasagna was topped with chopped cashew nuts and parmesan

12 Likes

Gnocchi alfredo, onions, garlic, asparagus, bacon, parm, parsley. Tomato, cuke, red onion salad, oo&v dressing, dried basil (my fresh is still a baby). Toasted ancient grains baguette with garlic butter. Wine.

Any guesses.

17 Likes

Fettuccine with pesto, green beans, and potato again.

21 Likes

Thaitalian! Intriguing.

2 Likes

Medium rare sous-vide ribeye on that leftover Turkish pilaf with English peas.

19 Likes

I had this problem the last time I made spaghetti with my Philips machine. I suspect adding olive oil inhibited gluten formation in my case?

You know, that is a legit possibility. But I also didn’t dry it a second time - after the roller, but not after the cutter - so that might be another problem.

1 Like

Ah, same here.

I’m out of pasta practice.

1 Like

One of Tillamook’s delectable chocolate collection treats?

You got Beans, Tomatoes(technically a Fruit I guess), Parsley and Wheat. Veg done and dusted! :wink:

1 Like

@linguafood what? there is a YouTube of you performing? Pls share :slightly_smiling_face:

The link is on my profile page :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ja, but lacks specificity.

Last night’s dinner was a stirfry served over rice noodles then off to see a live jazz band. The nojito I had while watching the show was awfully good but expen$ive. I fail to understand why mocktails cost the same as cocktails…

12 Likes