What's for breakfast? (2024)

We stockpile cinnamon ice cream (seasonal Nov/Dec) for indulgences like this. Great on oven Dutch Baby pancakes, too.

2 Likes

Bacon and ice cream is the best combo ever!

Ok. Ok.

You’ve convinced me.

1 Like

A riff on the uszh - didn’t want to get the MEGA pack of blackberries at Sam’s since there was no way I could finish them before we leave, so I went with a regular size of raspberries - def not a house favorite, but I made it work.

Might have to add the yogurt + berries thang to our German breakfast routine :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Sauerkraut and mushroom perogies with sour cream and butter.

5 Likes

The-week-in-review-frittata: 4 eggs + leftover minestrone soup + basil pesto + 2-lemon chicken pan sauce + garlicky white pizza sauce + a few spoonfuls of parm to tie it all together.

Served with buttered rye toast.

10 Likes

Cream of Wheat made with half water and half milk (what ever is on hand—today it was LF oat), a splash of maple syrup and an additional splash of oat milk. Great grandma would make it for me with whole milk, granulated white sugar and a pat of butter! No maple syrup in that household.

6 Likes

Salmon, potato and scallion hash. Uli’s breakfast sausage. Fried egg.

With thanks to @mbcraw4d for posting the hash idea on the WMP thread.

8 Likes

Breakfast egg custard made with a friend’s hens eggs. A little grating of nutmeg on top. Gently steamed for 9 minutes, 170* . It was like silk :grin:.

11 Likes

Savory?

Scrambled eggs with ramps from yesterday. Might be a good idea to make this again today!

6 Likes

No, wasn’t in the mood for savory but while I was having breakfast, a friend dropped off some Portuguese egg tarts from a bakery near her. So I had one for dessert!

9 Likes

breakfast dessert is the best kind of dessert

4 Likes

Apple pie #1😂

1 Like

Leftover khachapuri and a chive scramble.

12 Likes

Savory French Toast from the Gunpowder cookbook. Write up in the Savory Egg Recipes thread.

10 Likes

“Breakfast” at 4pm: local bread we’re obsessed with, Sole de Sardegna, San Daniele ham.

12 Likes

Breakfast pretzel roll from an Amish Pretzel Haus.

8 Likes

Singaporean black carrot cake (turnip cake) and Hor Fan (shrimp -chicken-egg-noodle) at Kiss My Pans with @rstuart!
I forgot my phone at home.

And Kopi.
Yum!

Kiss My Pans on IG

3 Likes

Breakfast tacos, with scrambled eggs and fresh Spanish chorizo. Homemade queso with pickled scallions. A chopped salsa with tomatoes, scallions, avocado and lime. So good I ate three.

Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, and I will eat three more.

10 Likes