What's for Dinner #100 - The WFD Big 100th Edition - November 2023

Pork ribs baked at 300* for 1 1/2 hours then finished off on the charcoal grill with bbq sauce. We’re usually over run with bottles of bbq sauce but there was only about a half inch left in one so it had to do. After 5 o’clock so too late to to go to the town(cough cough). Coleslaw with apple, raisins, mayo, celery salt, vinegar. Canned ranch jalapeño style beans. Thaw, rise and bake frozen Rhodes yeast rolls. With butter.

20 Likes

Gai See Chow Mein from Woks of Life (October COTM).

I used spaghetti noodles and bok choy. Served with homemade chili crisp.

It was yum - will make again.

26 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was a vegetarian curry. No picture this time since today’s episode of Coronation Street reached a crescendo so no photo to post.

9 Likes

Our second dinner in Honolulu, Eleven. We were happy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I PVR Corrie to watch with dinner :sweat_smile:

Tonkotsu black ramen and zangi(deep fried chicken thigh) from the new ramen joint in the nabe.
Delicious, will be back

23 Likes

That all looks great!

1 Like

Squid stir fried with pickled mustard greens and bok choy, with jasmine rice. Delicious!

25 Likes

You may have inspired a ramen dinner here, although the weather decidedly does not scream “ramen.”

2 Likes

Pork and sage lasagna from Faenza. A new to me Pasta Grannies recipe. Homemade spinach pasta sheets, a pork and pancetta ragu, bechamel and a good sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano meld together for a hearty and satisfying lasagna. The only change I made was to cut the amount of pancetta called for in half as there was a discrepancy between the youtube channel and the recipe book, so I split the difference. It was very good today and will probably be even better tomorrow. Will make again.

28 Likes

It was a perfect evening for ramen

1 Like

Really tasty and a great addition to the neighborhood :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Roasted pork tenderloin with cranberry sauce, roasted yams, peppers and onions. Butter lettuce, Asian pear, celery, blue cheese, pistachio salad, honey mustard dressing. Maple old fashioned, wine.

20 Likes

That looks fantastic!

Wagyu burgers on the grill (special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions). On the side, Torres Jamon Iberico chips.

22 Likes

Update: the “Smokey Martini” is DIVINE with Glenfiddich 12. Just a dash or two. Not exactly smokey, but so smooth and delightful. Glad I gave it another shot with a different Scotch.

6 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was a fettuccine al pesto with tomato wedges and COTC.

19 Likes

It was a nice, restful day. Instead of job searching, I signed an offer letter and proceeded to read and relax around the house. Dinner was pork tenderloin medallions in an onion, apple, sage, Dijon and cream sauce. Served over broccoli couscous.

26 Likes

That looks and sounds spectacular!

CONGRATS!!! Happy for ya!

5 Likes