What's for Dinner #10 - 6/2016 - June is Bustin' Out All Over Edition!

That sounds like such a fun dinner! And your eggplant dish is the first item i would make a beeline for…

1 Like

I was all excited to get home before 8pm and make this seriouseats recipe for cantonese style lettuce wraps, but I didn’t realize i’m missing several key ingredients…! Whoops. (I could have sworn there was hoisin in my fridge! Nope. And apparently what I thought were nuts in the freezer is apparently yet another container of chia seeds).

Plan B: i still wanted lettuce wraps of some sort so I sautéed some onion and garlic, added tofu with a bit of cumin, then some shredded carrot and nappa cabbage. Rolled into my lettuce leaves with some fresh cilantro. Totally messy to eat because i over filled the wraps but the hot vs cool crunchy soft combo was delicious!

7 Likes

Breakfast : smoked Italian sausage , hash browns and eggs .

2 Likes

Ok tonight was back to the grind! I missed the gym this morning so I went after work. Post workout meal; NY Strip medium with asparagus! Also had a salad I woofed down without a pic.

Hope you all enjoyed your meals this evening, best wishes.

8 Likes

My night to cook at my workhome. Had a few hours of errand after work so opted for rotisserie chicken from the grocery. Roasted some tomatoes that were aging and asparagus with lemon salt. A rice pilaf with wild mushroom packet was cooked. A little more sodium than I prefer but tasty and easy.

Now for a totally different meal preference topic…my boss/friend went to change the toilet paper in the shop powder room and found the new roll in shreds. She had fallen down that day (unruly dog accident) and couldn’t investigate. Being very aware of my sandal-ed feet I began searching. Seems we have a mouse. I then turned my attention to the “kitchen”. Our snack box had two brands of protein bars, a chocolate bar, a fortune cookie, assorted condiment packs and a 2 cookie pack of Lorna Dunes(sp?). Our mouse population is unanimous in preferring Lorna Dunes. Maybe she was afraid the fortune in the cookie would be bad? Traps have been procured and peanut butter is packed for tomorrow.

I guess I have no life - I’m so intrigued as to why the cookies were the only snack item the mouse ate! You’d think it would have sampled them all…

5 Likes

I just got my kitchen back from a rat . I hate them . Gotcha rat .

4 Likes

Been there!

Fast dinner today. Salad had all the herbs and last of the vegs. Seared a steak and chucked the slices on the salad. In the meantime I rolled out a folded dough with snipped chives over and over to get the chives deep in it. Cooked the bread in a cast iron griddle. Turkish chilli oil on the side for the bread. Vietnamese fish sauce/Nuoc Cham for the steak salad.

6 Likes

Taco night at the brewery . Fly fishing Truckee river tomorrow morning . Lunch in Truckee , Dinner in South Lake Tahoe .:joy: :joy:

6 Likes

Beautiful.

1 Like

Lovely kitchen! Happy cooking!

1 Like

Congrats to your son and you for a job well done !

What is mozzarella corozza??

1 Like

I sympathize with you Scubadoo! I’ve been home sick for two days and counting. I can hardly move! The Zofran has done nothing for my nausea and the extra strength Tylenol nothing for my splitting headache.

Feel better soon!

Wow sounds good! I love eggplant but have no luck preparing it myself. I always run into the bitterness problem, even with salting it etc.

It is mozzerella sliced, placed between two slices of bread (similar to white bread, at least that’s what I use, no crust) dipped in seasoned egg and fried. Generally served with some tomato sauce drizzled or on the side.

1 Like

umm. yummm!!

1 Like

Thanks. Much better now. I wish you a speedy recovery

1 Like

Broiled seafood platter as only a NJ diner can do it! Actually one of my favorite dishes here. If only I had realized my sore wrist was the early onset of a gout attack before I ate this!

11 Likes

Jr, you’re killing me! Looks awesome!

1 Like

Oh that sounds miserable…! Hope you are feeling better soon

1 Like