What's for Dinner #10 - 6/2016 - June is Bustin' Out All Over Edition!

Thanks for the link. I grow Aleppo, Urfa, Maras, Palmyra, corbaci and a few others from that part of the world and am always interested in reading about how to use them.

1 Like

JTPhilly, awesome new kitchen! Mine is dollhouse size (my house is also dollhouse size)! Looking forward to seeing your food!

NotJr, is that the “I’m moving out of my parents’ and gonna party all the time” look? Is he going to do a Eurail trip? Now is the perfect time. Travelling abroad can do young people a lot of good.

Scubadoo, been missing your posting. Take it easy. And music, it’s medicine for the soul.

1 Like

I hadn’t realised Jimmy’s in Asbury Park was such a challenging restaurant.

Ugh. Feel better soon. That sux.

NICE RACK… of knives '-D

Great looking stove, too.

1 Like

It’s flippin’ freezing here! I am still in fleeces and gloves. Tonight something suitably warming, sausages, red cabbage to Jamie Oliver recipe and Jersey royal potatoes, our one nod to the ‘summer’.

Feel better soon, Scubadoo! The flu bug seems to have held on WAY long this season for many!

1 Like

Congrats to @JTPhilly for such a GORGEOUS renovated kitchen, and to @NotJrvedivici on his son’s graduation!

1 Like

Thanks Linda. Loss and alterations of smell and taste is something I’ve never experienced before. And for a foodie who cooks by taste and not recipes it seriously sucks. But every day is better than the next.

2 Likes

I really didn’t “Like” your post but wanted to let you know that I sympathize with you Scuba.

Be Well ASAP !

1 Like

Thanks!

Congratulations! Very efficient use of space. :+1:

Congratulations on the milestone occasion! Wishing your son a bright & happy future.

1 Like

Feel better soon!

1 Like

My friends and I were just discussing that - what do you do when a friend on FB or on a blog tells you they are sick or had someone close pass away. You can’t “like” it, so now - I understand that FB is starting to add “sympathies”; “get well soon”; “oh, no!” etc in addition to “like”

1 Like

Tonight we are attending a “Bring your favorite dish” at our friends’ house - we are a group (of about 6 couples) who love to eat/cook and enjoy each other’s company so we meet up about once every quarter and everyone brings a dish that they love (cannot duplicate) - so I am bringing eggplant tapas: fried battered eggplant rounds sprinkled with tahina sauce and parsley, roasted eggplant combined with mayo, roasted eggplant combined with tahina, roasted eggplant sliced lengthwise into thin strips with soy sauce and sesame oil, and grilled sliced Japanese eggplants with balsamic vinegar.

7 Likes

WFD: ~ TJ’s Arugula & Parmigiano Ravioli.
~ Hazan’s Butter & Onion Sauce. Actually, I’m not a huge fan of Marcella, but there are a few recipes that serve us well. This butter and onion sauce is one, and it’s been the only sauce we cook for ravioli lately. I’m guessing there are still a few peeps out there who have yet to try this sauce, and if you’re one Of Those People, I say try it. N.B.: Although we do follow her recipe I like to add a grating of Parmigiano over top each serving. And, we have 1/2 onion each.

~ Steamed broccoli, drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice, seasoned with S & P.

5 Likes

You look much better without the glasses.

3 Likes

The day was long and stressful. I need easy-peasy. So it’s a sketti & sawce kind of evening, with a buttered crusty-type roll alongside. Oh yeah. There’s wine. Fortification needed for tomorrow’s expected crazy-busy day.

6 Likes

Linda, also going the “sketti and sawce” route tonight. Hazan’s butter and onion tomato sauce and bowtie pasta

1 Like