What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Huevos con chorizo, frijoles con queso, crema, salsa de arbol.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Scallion scramble with leftover pizza from the freezer.

10 Likes

Should’ve made a pizza egg sandwich, using your two slices of pizza as the “bread”. :yum: :blush:

2 Likes

A couple of recent breakfasts

Up at 3 am, futzing around, remembered ripe avocado that needed using up - mayonesa, mashed avo, shrimp, crushed tortilla for crunch, on a Dave’s bun. There were 2 of these.

6 Likes

Egg muffins / Egg cups, with salsa, ham, cooked small-dice broccoli, filled with egg base and topped with shredded cheddar. Egg base for a dozen well-oiled silicone cupcakes was 9 eggs, 2 T. skim milk, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, 1/2 C. shredded Parm cheese. These bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, until puffed and browned. If eaten right away, use a spoon to lift from the muffin wells and invert, then spoon any loose salsa over the top.
They’ll shrink as they cool in the pan, and the salsa will adhere more to the muffins. They then can be lifted out with a spoon, individually wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen. Or refrigerated for a couple of days for future breakfasts.

Warning - DO lightly oil your silicone muffin wells. And do NOT attempt these in a standard (even nonstick) muffin pan. Unless you really love scrubbing those for an hour afterward and are willing to forego half of each muffin. Ask me how I know.

4 Likes

Homemade tomato juice from summer 2022 made from orange and yellow tomatoes with a tablespoon of red wine vinegar added. A tomatoey stew of sprouted barley, black beans, roast turkey breast, onions, greens etc. Cherries and apricots. Coffee. Ice water {now on my second liter of the day.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Hmm - I’m guessing NOT made in your own kitchen. :grinning:

1 Like

:100::joy:

6 Likes

Jalapeno cheese summer sausage, griddled a bit to warm up the cheese and fats.

2 DE w/jalapeno ranch dressing - Meh.
2 DE w/mashed Brisling sardines, one w/additional decor
1 DE w/kimchi

Best DE was in the center - Brisling; the extra fiddy-widdy on the second was too much; kimchi DE was disappointingly bland - mayonnaise muted the flavors too much

There was bread and canned mandarins.

7 Likes

Scallion scramble with roasted asparagus and strawberries. Everything but the eggs from the garden.

12 Likes

Capture.PNG

4 Likes

Bacon scramble topped with a pickled-scallion queso. Storebought tortillas.

10 Likes

This look absolutely divine! Is this homemade?

Yes, but not in my home.

I am never that careful or precise with syrup.

1 Like

Lookin good!

6 Likes

Kylie Kwong’s tomato and mushroom omelette (ok, I may have also added pancetta and french fries) with a giant tortilla for burrito making. Do not skimp on the oyster sauce and chili crisp!

I think I need a nap now.

10 Likes