What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

I came across this recipe that sounds really amazing, yet there’s just no way I’m turning on my oven lately…! So i went with a version changing the recipe to what i had on hand. I halved the amounts for the granola and just toasted the oats with some sunflower seeds and chopped almonds in olive oil in a wide saucepan, then added smoked salt and lots of black pepper with a little pimenton.
After it cooled the granola went over a bowl of plain greek yogurt with some chopped cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Absolutely the best breakfast i’ve had in a long time!
This is the recipe I didn’t really follow, although the savory granola from bon appetite is next on my todo

Needed to use up a corn salsa/relish type thing I made
The corn is so sweet it’s annoying … I added olives but that
didn’t work so I drained it and filled an omelet with it and then grated copious amounts
of Parmigiano-Reggiano on top … it worked the parm nicely countered the sweetness of the corn
sorry the omelet looks a little like vomit … unattractive but really delicious
I need to work on my omelet making skills

5 Likes

Well I had some Guatemalan Antigua with half and half and moved right on to lunch:

I know, I was a bad boy today.

3 Likes

Potatoes, onion, sautéed spinach, a bit of smoked Gouda, a sliver of prosciutto, and a poached egg.

3 Likes

I want that!

oh, be still my heart! my absolute favorite tapa of all time…

1 Like

that looks stunningly perfect.

actually, i saw your pics first, and before i read “vomit” - thought it looked delish!

wait, whaaaa? NAF, you’ve never had potatoes for bfast? hash browns? home fries??

Let me think… no, I never make that for myself, maybe when I’m travelling. I have salty bfast but don’t know why never hash browns, but i like that!

1 Like

1 Like

Steak, eggs, sausage patties, jersey fresh tomatoes from the garden, and Tatertots.

We gots a herlicane comin.

I smoked a point end corned beef yesterday to make pastrami. Chopped up the ends and mixed it with a beaten egg to make a pastrami and egg sandwich on toasted Cuban bread for breakfast this morning. Topped it with some baby kale because I like it and it made it sound healthy

Omelette with smoked cheddar and avocado topped with a sprinkle of sriracha salt. And I know, it’s a bit over done.

1 Like

Rösti, spiegelei, würstle:

3 Likes

Breakfast at the hostel where I am staying consists of boiled eggs and bread. After the first day I got my own stuff.

“Black Forest ham”, soft cheese, sardines, strawberries, tomatoes.

Cheese

Yesteday and for today as well.

Smoked bison meat

Nice runny cheeses

Brebi

Horrible yellow lighting. I had to use flash for this shot.

Capelin roe

Has a nice crunch. First time eating masago roe for me.

Got my breakfast stuff from this shop. What a nice shop, the interior and set-up is like going back in time.

5 Likes

Had a lovely Strammer Max today with TJ’s Tuscan bread (toasted, natch), Philly cream cheese, smoked ham & speck and some xtra sharp cheddar from Wegmans. Topped with two fried eggs. Too hungry to take pics - just inhaled it all on the spot.

(My ‘breakfast’ happened around 4:30 pm today).

1 Like

That’s impressive for a “make do in my hotel room” breakfast…! What a fabulous shop. (And i guess hard boiled eggs and toast are better than stale packaged yucky pastries and muffins)

Rosti needs to be A Thing.
On menus everywhere as an option instead of home fries or hash browns!

2 Likes

Well here’s a little more thang for you…

4 Likes