What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

After a quick run to the FM for the weeks fruits and vegetables we had my sister and her kids over. The kids have decided that they want to learn to cook. They are (a very mature) 9 and 11. My nephew has a crazy good pallet…he loves sushi, super stinky cheese etc. Today he tasted my espresso and deeme it acceptable, “strong but not too bitter.”

This morning was a lesson in making frittatas. The kids prepped the potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, and eggs. I minced and sautéed onions. Breakfast was the frittata and a few bites of different pastries from the FM.

6 Likes

lol…perfect

When corn is in season, I often sauté an ear’s worth in a little bacon fat & some butter, then add two whipped eggs for a delicious scramble. Oh, and lots of cayenne. Gotta have my heat.

6 Likes

We love eggs and corn. Often do it like a frittata

Comme ça! albeit the red enchilada sauce i made wasn’t super hot, just nice and smokey.

and another day, poached over store-bought beef taquitos, with green enchilada sauce we made and a little crema.

3 Likes

YUM!!! Maria looks excellent

1 Like

Love breakfast potatoes and it’s a weekend favorite with eggs

4 Likes

Cheddar omelet topped with micro arugula and a side of toast with rhubarb jam. It’s so hot and smokey (fire in the adjacent valley is making a mess) we went with cold brew iced coffees.

4 Likes

oh my, yes! i’m usually too hungry to wait to make potatoes in the a.m… and we rarely have any leftover from dinner. those look sooooo good!

as you can see, i’m an egg-a-holic… leftover pork green curry and a poached egg on a tortilla.

1 Like

Avocado toast with cucumbers and mince red onion. Iced soy latte. Unfortunately, eaten at my office desk before an early conference call.

4 Likes

Well this is a start. Love breakfast potatoes

3 Likes

I never ate potatoes at breakfast yet, but why not?!

My first post for WFB.
Sorry, not sexy at all - pain perdu. Luckily it tasted better than it looked.
(N.B. they were really OLD bread, was very hard)

I hope I won’t be banned by upping this ugly pic:

7 Likes

Made Pan con Tomate this morning with a shooter of the tomato water. My wife said it needed vodka

7 Likes

Wow that looks good… perfect for the weather we are having here
Thanks for the great idea for breakfast!

We stopped for coffee and fuel between morning errands. DH had torrijas (Spanish French toast which is deeply carmalized and very delicious.). I had avocado toast with and egg.

2 Likes

You have some fancy gas stations.

Lol. People fuel…but the cafe is called Gasolina!

1 Like

Steamed red potatoes chopped and seasoned ,sautéed in fry pan with some aromatics . Farmers bacon browned not over done , two eggs over easy in butter , toasted sour dough and coffee . :yum: Not exiting . But tasty on a foggy morning on the California coast .

2 Likes

This morning, our neighbour came back from their vacation in Brittany bought us a kouign amann. We couldn’t resist to enjoy instantly.

After heating it up for several minutes with a low temperature oven , we were in heaven!

We liked particularly the flaky texture of this kouign amann, you can see the layers. Some others we ate had a texture more like a cake, layers were not so obvious.

7 Likes