What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Soft scrambled eggs with ramp, roasted pepper and smoked steelhead. Very happy with this.

12 Likes

Monte Cristo. Smoked ham and turkey, swiss cheese, strawberry preserves, dijon mustard, and topped with powdered sugar and creme fraiche.

8 Likes

German chocolate cake for breakfast.

Yeah, it’s wrong I suppose.

Go ahead, ostracize me. Don’t care. I just won’t share. More for me.

11 Likes

This is a breakfast I learned from a friend of my family a long time ago. It is so delicious!!
A little fussy to make the first time, so many containers, but try it first time following her instrux.
It’s very adaptable to dif tastes and needs.

5 Likes

Fresh spinach and scallion scramble. Morning Glory scone.

11 Likes

More lead-up to Cinco de Mayo. Quesadilla with refries, carnitas and pepperjack cheese.

14 Likes

For breakfast? Why not? I’m starting a new routine. Thanks!

2 Likes

Grilled cheese, no photo!

2 Likes

Baked French toast with marmalade and cardamom.

11 Likes

4 Likes

Starting my day with Sang Ji Bao in an hour and I am so excited

They opened a location at Yonge and Charles in TO. 3 Charles Street.

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Ingredient oatmeal pancakes. Which I make as 5-ingredient ones by adding a bit of vanilla and dash of cinnamon as suggested by a recipe commenter. These take about 4-5 minutes per side to cook, i.e., longer than a standard pancake.

As a make-ahead start for quieter morning cooking, I grind about 2 cups of oatmeal in my food processor and store that in the freezer. Then 1/4 C. ground oatmeal, 1/4 C. cottage cheese and 1 egg make just enough batter for 3 pancakes.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention both the challah and the marmalade were both homemade. Not the eggs or milk though. :wink:

2 Likes

Omelet? Is is overcooked or ?

A light breakfast/brunch of home-fried baby taterz, center cut bacon, scramblees with scallions :yum:

11 Likes

Mega multi grain crumpets with Meyer lemon curd. These had a greater than usual rise perhaps because of a slightly looser sourdough discard. Split, toasted, buttered with a generous spoonful of curd, one made a very satisfying breakfast.

14 Likes

Beautiful photo. Looks scrumptious! Love your woven table mats - so cheerful!!

Thank you! The cheerfulness was made even better by the beautiful morning here. Tasted good, too!

1 Like

Bauerinfrühstück :+1: