What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Basically. The bacon was kind of an afterthought, and I think a proper BauerInnen :wink: frühstück has onions, too.

5 Likes

Egg bake, modified from this Sally’s Baking Addiction recipe. Add 1 c chopped onion, increase eggs to 12, increase milk to 1.5 C and increase cheese to 2 C, omit ground black pepper, add a couple dashes of garlic salt.

3 Likes

I had mixed vegetable stew with rice and pan-fried Chicken Breast!

1 Like

Google Photos

Angus beef bologna on seeded Jewish Rye with spicy brown mustard this morning.

Previously:

Google Photos

Peanut butter toast (Dave’s Good Seed) with bacon and red plum fruit spread.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Poached egg…over easy. I inadvertently flipped the egg over while removing it from the poaching water. Fortunately, the yolk stayed intact but it wasn’t the prettiest egg. Sausage patties on the side with a drizzle of TJ’s hot honey on both the egg and sausage.

10 Likes

I had less than a half cup of dried black beans that I discovered in the pantry last night. Soaked them overnight and cooked this morning. Breakfast was rice, beans, a chopped spring onion, hot sauce, and half of a perfectly ripe avocado. Exciting day finishing up some tax stuff which I have picked up from ill spouse.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Can’t wait for our tomato season!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Round II of the gozleme. Filling made in advance, and the dough holds up in the fridge for a couple of days. A little egg yolk for dipping didn’t hurt anything.

10 Likes

Last night’s dinner salad repurposed for today’s fast break.

6 Likes

Glad to know that I’m not the only weirdo who enjoys leftover salad

I always make a ridiculous amount bc I really do love salad. My PIC eats maybe one bowl, whereas I could almost eat the entire serving bowl. Not this one. I had to capitulate, even though the steelhead trout I’d made as the ‘main event’ had gone bad and had to be tossed :frowning:

2 Likes

Leftovers! Lahmacun, a little kofta and an Ethiopian-style beef samosa.

2 Likes

DW wished a quiche for Mother’s Day brunch . . .

11 Likes

Asparagus-basil frittata with parmesan cheese and roasted cherry tomatoes. Drop biscuits with homemade jam.

15 Likes

Ten forks and knives for this!

4 Likes

2 Likes