What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Toad in a Hole with hot dog and gruyere- beat the egg first since I had 1 egg, and 2 slices of bread.

6 Likes

Is it wrong to have meatballs for breakfast?

Well, if it is, then color me “wrong”!

10 Likes

Soy milk, sweet and savory. Taiwanese pancake fried egg wrap. Dumplings.

6 Likes

Chive-scrambled eggs with DH’s smoked trout (cream cheese optional). Homemade pumpkin donut.

10 Likes

Is the donut baked or fried? I just bought some baked donut pans so I’m looking for good recipes!

It’s baked! Here’s the King Arthur recipe.

Be sure and give these a chance by letting a few of them rest uncovered overnight. I baked these yesterday and they were good, but so much better this morning.

I got my donut pans just last year, and thus far this is the only recipe I’ve tried (repeatedly). It’s a winner, but I have on my agenda for today to look around for some other versions. If I see anything that looks good, I’ll report back. :yum:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for recipe, the tip, and the reporting back!

Went for a day trip to check out a new cenote so also checked out a new spot on the way.

Chocolate clams (one of my favs) roasted in the wood-fired oven with butter:

Omelette with chaya and Edam (still not sure how that’s a thing here) with a really nice salsa verde:

Also had bloody marys with all kinds of seafood in them, bread, fruits, etc.

View was ok as well:

11 Likes

Fried eggs with the remaining braised artichokes and some pecorino, on English muffins. Oh, and hot sauce!

14 Likes

Added some chili crisp to my bacon and egg sandwich today. Followed by 4 mini stroopwaffels and a chocolate chip cookie. I need a nap.

4 Likes

An amazing kouign amann from Le French Tart bakery in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. Not sure I’ve ever had one before. This bakery produces what many ppl think are the best croissants in nyc, but I’m hardly ever dying to eat a croissant, so I picked something else. The right move! It was so good.

10 Likes

We hosted friends for brunch. I made eggs Benedict, crash hot potatoes, fruit salad, cappuccinos, and date-nut bars. Our friends brought a lovely salad and mimosa fixins. Sorry for the weird photo but all of mine have people in them.

11 Likes

Homemade egg McMuffin
:wink: :yum:

10 Likes

This looks good. I have questions about the egg.

Are those only egg whites?
If so, how many egg whites are in each sandwich?
Is there cheese mixed in with the egg?

1 Like

IN CAPS ABOVE

2 Likes

Hotel room cooler diving.

5 Likes

love potato salad sandwich bread

3 Likes

Egr9OamUYAQea_W

6 Likes

I’ve made my first attempt at congee after seeing someone post a photo of it somewhere on the forum recently (can’t remember who now). It’s interesting! I’ve never had anything like it before and I definitely think the toppings made it. I put lightly marinated cabbage, fried onions, coriander, smoked tofu and sesame oil on top so I’ll enjoy that all week.

11 Likes

Looks fantastic.

Just think of congee as the more demure cousin of oatmeal. A bit more bland, slightly more mushy, and hair less nutritious, but otherwise comparable.

3 Likes