What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Borscht and a morning glory muffin.

3 Likes

Akoori and coffee. I added cheese in the akoori. Left space for toast then decided against it.

9 Likes

Looks delicious, @Rasam

1 Like

From our favorite breakfast spot in the jungle — huevos rancheros and chilaquiles based on xcatic chiles, along with 3 great salsas: a green tomatillo and avocado, a blackened tomatillo, and blackened habanero.

15 Likes

Breakfast subs with cheesy scrambled eggs, kielbasa, and jalapeno poppers. Additional habanero hot sauce. What hangover? :rofl:

10 Likes

6 Likes

Fridge clean-out frittata with ricotta, spinach, mushrooms, garden tomatoes and parmesan cheese.

12 Likes

Scotch Egg from Sanagan’s Meatlocker in Toronto’

9 Likes

That looks decadent!

It was! It also led to a nap :slight_smile:

1 Like

In today’s “food that tastes better than it photographs,” one of my favorites down here for a quick breakfast: a chocolate tamal.

9 Likes

Grilled cheese, one half with old cheddar, the other half with pumpkin spice Beemster Gouda.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Wow

The Big J made breakfast this morning. Fresh pressed apple juice from his cider making session, coffee, breakfast sandwich with egg, cheese, and homemade sausage patty, and Thomas Keller’s potato pave. Delicious!

14 Likes

Cabbage - it’s the new zucchini. I picked six more small heads the other day, and we’re eating a lot of egg foo yong for breakfast. Here with bay shrimp and chives, and homemade mandarin pancakes.

10 Likes

I made soy sauce chicken last night and decided to use it for onigirazu and folded kimbap since it’s pretty salty and best eaten with plenty of rice. It was going to be lunch, but decided to make them earlier and then couldn’t stop myself from eating them. Fried egg, carrots, and cucumber to assemble.

15 Likes

Mushroom, bacon and gruyere frittata, and mixed greens, mushroom and gruyere frittata this morning.

13 Likes

Poached egg on avocado fan, topped with herb sauce.

breakfast

7 Likes

I thought some ham might be going south soon, so I made some fried rice today.

6 Likes