What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Breakfast taco scramble with fresh chorizo, onion, zucchini and cheddar. Tabasco and garlic lime crema toppings. A bit of cold melon on the side.

6 Likes

Summer fruits with yogurt. Blueberry maple scone.

6 Likes

Egg scramble with tomatoes, scallions, turmeric and a healthy dose of ginger powder.

6 Likes

An 8” garden veg frittata: zucchini, tomatoes, scallions and new-crop potatoes. Some parmesan for umami.

9 Likes

Serious Eat’s sourdough (discard) dashi scallion pancakes.

I was a little shy on scallions this morning, and made up the difference with zucchini.

8 Likes

Yum

1 Like

I share your passion for savory breakfasts!

2 Likes

Today’s garden veggie scramble: leeks, zucchini, Italian sausage, parm. Some leftover, refried, new-crop, scallion potatoes, and tomato slices on the side.

7 Likes

I would so do the same. Onion and potato are best of pals. BIG onion flavor. Beautiful dish there.

1 Like

Air fried bananas with cinnamon, ginger powder, brown sugar and peanut butter powder. Topped with vanilla gelato.

Not the prettiest thing. But, damn, it went down beautifully, and, really, down there in the stomach it all looks the same.

5 Likes

Bruschetta with garden tomatoes, fresh mozz, and homemade basil pesto. Zucchini scramble.

9 Likes

That looks inspirationally delicious! Great start to the day!

2 Likes

In my book those little bruschetta are one of the best parts of summer. :yum:

3 Likes

Granola is one of my favorite breakfast foods. It’s healthy, filling and can be easily customized!

Welcome to hungry onion!!

Filipino style fried egg and garlic rice with banana ketchup.

9 Likes

This looks scrumptious!

1 Like

Today’s zucchini scramble accompanied by yesterday’s leftover black bean bake.

7 Likes

Homemade fresh yogurt with blueberries

7 Likes

Sunnyside up egg tostada? Corn tortillas (2), fried, 2 eggs fried in the same hot oil, a couple of garlic cloves at 4 pm, little bit off Muenster under it all at 6. I’ve been frying eggs lately in very hot oil so the whites bubble up (and cook thru) and there are crispy edges.

Egg, leftover Green Chili Pork Stew (runnier than I remembered), home-fried tortilla chips, refritos rojos.

Breakfast torta - toasted telera, smashed black beans on the bottom, topped with Cochinita Pibil, fried egg, shredded queso Amarillo, slivers of a not yet ripe enough avocado, Crema Salvadorena, Mayonesa con Limon on the top bun. Gloriously messy.

11 Likes