What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Those look great. Thanks for the link!

2 Likes

Disregard - wrong thread.

Every so often, I have one of those rag-tag meals too. When we have 12 different bits and bobs in the fridge, not more than a tbsp or 2 of any…

Almost like a savory oat risotto!

Not my prettiest creation, but it all looks ostensibly the same in the tummy.

5 Likes

They do look great! But the recipe isn’t clear about what size of muffin tin. Is it a 12 muffin or a 6 muffin? The photo appears to show 6, and the fact that the recipe is 3 eggs also makes me think so. But then it says serves 12. So each serving is 1/2 of one?

Ultimately I bought the book (it went on sale).

The book recipe states 3 eggs makes 12 puffers.

When I make a 1/3 recipe (as I did from the internet version), I make 4 puffers. They puff up quite a bit.

2 Likes

Some brekkie this past week. Bak Kut Teh. (Pork rib tea)

Sum Dim Sum.

Kaya Toast. One variation with peanut butter.

Hainan Chicken.

Jook.

5 Likes

Savory chive crepes with homemade, cold-smoked steelhead trout.

Cream cheese for me; mayo for him.

9 Likes

Caramelized Bing cherry Dutch Baby.

11 Likes

I want to give this 3 thumbs up. It looks divine. Although between this and the scones and the savory egg dishes, you are competing with yourself as breakfast champion.

1 Like

Lol - thank you! We walk about 5 miles every morning, and following that with a nice breakfast (when we have time) is very well received.

3 Likes

Sounds idyllic. We’re doing maybe 2-3 miles around the neighborhood per day but we’re both still working full time. Remind me - you’re on the peninsula? Forks?

2 Likes

Curry Croquette (potatoes, carrots, peas, onion). Really hit the spot.

11 Likes

That looks delicious!

1 Like

Fajita leftovers. Roasted poblano pepper stuffed with cheesy scrambled egg, topped with pico and sour cream.

7 Likes

I am with my mother (age almost 90) in India now.

Today’s breakfast was this delicious carbapalooza calorie bomb. Not made by me, made by Amma’s cook, a culinary artiste. It’s a luxury for me to sit back and someone else cook delicious food for me.

Pongal (rice, moong dal, spices); drop of ghee on top; with gojju (sweet and sour South Indian side dish, made w/ onions today); masala potato chips on the side for crunch; coffee (soy milk for me). Banana leaf from the garden. Must be eaten w/ fingers for full sensory enjoyment. Standard Tamilian breakfast set.

14 Likes

6-1/2 minute egg sitting in a pool of butter and bacon.

12 Likes

Fresh, pan-roasted sockeye salmon plays second fiddle to new-crop garden potatoes, pan-fried in duck fat and Kurobuta bacon fat.

10 Likes

What, just regular fat from regular ducks? :grinning:

3 Likes