What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Leftover guacamole makes for avocado toast.

12 Likes

Debrecener, egg, cream cheese and Joe Beef BBQ sauce,which tastes like a blinged up HP.

7 Likes

Breakfast sandwich with homemade green turkey chorizo and the last of the pimiento cheese (and some American and pepper jack, too).

11 Likes

Trying to make some room in the freezer - cooked up a bag of purple yam / kand from the indian store.

Delicious taste of home!

8 Likes

Did you make this for breakfast? What all did breakfast consist of?

This is a complete breakfast for Gujaratis :smile:

As my nephews say, “like french fries for breakfast!”

5 Likes

Garden strawberries with Greek yogurt and fresh English scones.

13 Likes

Unconventional poha.

Red rice poha instead of white, veggies are a bag of TJ broccoli slaw cut smaller, instead of potatoes, peas, etc. Also tomatoes. Cashews instead of peanuts.
Usual spicing.

10 Likes

That looks good!

1 Like

Breakfast sandwich perfection

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

9 Likes

Garden to table breakfast. Zucchini scramble. Some of the last of this season’s strawberries. Toast with homemade blackberry jam.

10 Likes

leftover leg of lamb made one of my favorite tacos ever - lamb and scrambled eggs.

8 Likes

I agree - cracks me up to see the young’ns touting their super “healthy” smoothie bowls with processed sugars and such.
Are you making this whole milk cream top yoghurt yourself?

I’d love to hear the mushroom and scallion process.

I’d love to make that blueberry biscuit you’ve shown there. Recipe?

Mushrooms I will typically saute in a bit of olive oil over high heat until the olive oil is absorbed. Then turn heat to low until mushrooms shed their juices. Return heat to high until juices are absorbed. From the looks of it, I didn’t quite finish that last step, as normally the mushrooms would be quite a bit darker. I’m guessing I threw the scallion whites in with the mushrooms at the end, just enough to wilt them. Scallion greens always get whisked into the eggs.

Hope that helps!

I’m acting younger than my age. GenX eating avocado toast.

6 Likes

Australian Zucchini Slice, loosely based on a New York Times recipe.

I used pickled scallions instead of leeks and pickled peppers, skipped the olives, parmesan instead of cheddar, basil instead of cilantro, wrung the water out of the zucchini, and kinda streamlined the whole process. In a 5x13” ceramic tart pan, this baked at 350 for 32 minutes.

This was very, very good, although I don’t consider the flaky salt and chili flakes added with service as optional – these both took it up a large notch.

Zucchini, scallions and basil from the garden.

Served for breakfast with a slice of orange olive oil cake and sweet cherries.

13 Likes