What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

Oh yeah, guanbing is delicious. I haven’t made it to china but spent a year in Taiwan, where I was lucky enough to live next to a zhua bing vendor – similar idea, except the pancakes were many, many layered and the vendor scrunched and stretched the pancake until it had a crispy + fluffy texture. I miss having access to street food…

2 Likes

Oh YUM!

Chopped chicken liver on toasted bagel with lemon zest

9 Likes

Strawberries at the market this morning!

7 Likes

I like how the donut is layered . It has a layer of chocolate with creme cheese in the middle it looks so good

I like the cutting board!

I definitely have a thing for tinned fish. Usually sardines as an early lunch. My wife won’t touch them

1 Like

A true treat at Madrid Fusion … Quick brunch …

Photographer Friend Carlo Casella.

4 Likes

Looks amazing, @Barca! I hope you very much enjoyed your time in Madrid.

1 Like

Did you actually eat that, or just photograph it? Are those prawns?

We both studied in Madrid Capital which is how we met …

So we love Madrid.

My parents had alot of business in Madrid as well. So it is a trip we make at least 3 or 4 times a year.

We have friends who are from Barcelona who relocated for professional positions …

So we always enjoy the city and the retail therapy ! And dining out of course.

Thank you and have a lovely weekend. We are home now and it is already 23.30.

2 Likes

Yes, we had the Gazpacho and the prawns and a dear friend of my husband and he, did the food styling and photographed it too.

3 Likes

Wow! I’ve always been curious: Is it served on that “plate”, or is that only for the photography?

This is a black slate slab from a region famous for its Architecture of Black Slate in the neighbouring region of Guadalajara (Spain), and the " Ruta (route) de “Arquitectura de Pizarra” (slate) … Ocejon, Valverde de Los Arroyos & Majaelrayo.

This is not a plate. We use alot of slate slabs and earthenware clay depending on what is being served.
Plates are alot more formal.

1 Like

Omelette with gruyere & scallions.

8 Likes

new kick for me: Congee. had some at a brunch this weekend, and today i made my own, with some ginger/chicken broth i had in the freezer. Also, a little baked salmon, crispy fried garlic, and pickled radish, all from H Mart. Maggi seasoning, sesame oil, grated ginger, EBTB, cilantro, and scallions. Delish!

10 Likes

Nice one, Maria. Looks a bit risotto-ish but it’s a personal preference. And I add Maggie to a lot of things, even various pasta (the kind without cheese).

A bit odd that I dislike rice but really enjoy eating savoury porridges (tend to be less thick.

1 Like

Looks great! I’d love to hear about your H Mart visit and haul. I live a little north of San Francisco, and have already put together a shopping list for the new one on Alemany. Thought I’d wait until the crowds to die down a little though.

1 Like

i went on Sat. morning and it wasn’t that bad. i think i left at 10:30, and there was a line around the side to pay, but it went really fast. i got a lot of pickled things, a bunch of cooked items for lunch for my sister and I (too much), some bulgogi, pork belly, etc., veggies, dinosaur plums (pluots), korean rice syrup (to make bulgogi at home), crispy fried garlic, ssamjang, gochujang, different kinds of ramyun, etc. i went overboard, as if they were shutting down the next day! it’s only 13 minutes away from me. ridic.

7 Likes