What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

it was a little too runny for my taste at first so i added a little more cooked rice, but it’s still very pourable. i love rice in any incarnation!

1 Like

Thanks for the report. I love Korean foods, and the pickings in Marin are very slim. I’ll have to give H Mart a try.

1 Like

BREAD FOR THE BEACH …

8 Likes

Breakfast/brunch a few days ago. Strawberry Crepes, maple syrup, bacon, coffee. Proper way to start a weekend day.

Homemade blackberry syrup drizzled atop.

10 Likes

8 Likes

Carnitas leftover from last week made a lovely breakfast yesterday. With a little red onion, radishes, cilantro, and La Victoria Salsa Brava - my new favorite. It’s got a kick but not habanero-hot, and tastes like old school Mexican restaurant salsa to me.

7 Likes

I barely touched my steak from last night knowing I had my nephews sleeping over last night. This morning delicious steak and eggs with a prime porterhouse playing the central ingredient. Some home fried potatoes, biscuits and English muffins to accompany.

Quite a satisfying breakfast.

11 Likes

Turning into one of these kind of Sunday’s.

7 Likes

Tell us about what you did with the steak. Looks like a saute? This is new to me.

Pan med-high heat melt some butter and oil, garlic-shallot-red-white onions seasoned to taste. Once softened/browning add left over meat (cut bite sized) and generous amount of Worcestershire sauce and butter, high heat till reduced then serve. (normally I add mushrooms but I forgot to buy them……shhhh)
Can also use a nice bourbon reduction too for added flavor.

I love the smooth silky yolk with the sweet and tangy worecestor sauce………very good combination.

6 Likes

Leftover taco fixins omelette.

10 Likes

Eggs Benedict this morning with home fries, what could be wrong with that? Pictured is my half serving, but full disclosure, ate the other muffin half with homemade raspberry jam. Two cups of coffee with chicory, au lait, tad bit of raw sugar. Great start to the day.

12 Likes

7 Likes

My favorite breakfast has always been Costco’s croissant ( we buy 4 trays every trip to Costco and freeze them) with Duck Trap’s smoked pastrami salmon and cream cheese. However, a trip to Reliant fish in Jessup had not been possible except once this year when I buy at least 6 sides as they are only open 2am-9;00am only catering mostly to restaurants and grocery stores. So, I was lamenting to my brother in Canada how I miss them and had been eating croissant with jam.

since I finished my last batch 2 months ago. In response to that, my brother ordered some breakfast food for me from LA. They arrived yesterday. That is from a famous bakery in the Philippines called Goldilocks who apparently opened a shop in LA. There were 1 dozen of the smaller delight and another dozen of the larger classic enseymada. There were also 6 boxes of champarado, each box makes 10 servings. Champarado is a filipino breakfast snack food made of chocolate and sticky rice. In addition, my brother ordered from a caterer 10 bibingka ( glutinous rice baked with cheese using banana leaves lining typically baked with coal on the top and bottom ) that arrived a few days earlier. So, I am set for breakfast for the next months without missing my pastrami style salmon. I had the bibingka for the last 2 days and last night, had 2 of the enseymada, another one for midnight snack and one for breakfast!!!

7 Likes

Accident. Definitely NOT breakfast.

You’re responding now to a post I made in March? And to which you already responded in April?

Why?

2 Likes

It sounded familar …

Barcelona: My dad had some business in Barcelona and we met up for a mid-morning terrace merienda.

6 Likes

Huevos Rancheros:

11 Likes

Sleep is my breakfast, unless when I’m in Greece! I love yogurt and want to eat it every day here in Greece! At home it’s so hard to find goat’s/sheep’s milk yogurt but here it’s the other way round!

Got fruits and honey from the farmers market yesterday and have started eating them with yogurt.

10 Likes